2nd Hand vRS not many about

Due to a change in circumstances i shall be selling my 06 vRS petrol in about a month so went on autotrader to get an idea on prices and could'nt believe how few there are for sale , mine as done 54k full skoda history and very well spec'd , had cambelt done at skoda and just been serviced was hoping to advertise it for £6300 is this about right considering high spec and superb condition ,gutted to be selling but needs must , any pricing advice appreciated , thanks

I've been looking for a 1.9TDI myself and the used car market is unbelievably quiet at the moment. I suppose it's to be expected with summer holidays etc. The market will definitely pick up in September with the introduction of the new Reg. Loads of trade ins to sell!

So it might be better for you to sell sooner rather than later......having said that I think there is as much a lack of buyers as sellers so prices are not holding up as well as you might think....i've seen some good bargans.

Edited by booke23

Thanks all for your replies so far it is true the market does seem to be quiet at the moment, i was shocked as to how few are available but reading your replies its true summer hols etc and the pending september new reg its hard to sell , but going to have a re-think because the car is immaculate and spec is very high so don't want to trade it in and give a dealer a cracking car for little money and as mentioned ebay is full of them so limits the private sale option

• Like 1

I was looking to sell mine a few months ago, and found dealer prices were around 5k so you'll be lucky to get 4. Crap if you're a seller, but great for a buyer. You'll get the best deal by trading it in for a newer used petrol from a main dealer, but I'm guessing you want to downspec.

• Like 1

Good ones will sell, there are loads of dogs out there, I would never on ebay, been to look at a few with newbies, pics look good, but their interpration of very good condition and mine are somewhat different :think:

• Like 1

Just to give you an idea....

I sold my 06 back in 2009' just 3 and a bit years old.......started at £10k and it was on the market for 3 months.....ended up selling for £8k

I was very tempted by one that I didn't buy, 2007 reg in silver but other than that in basic spec manual. 72k miles.....£4300

My gut feeling is that your looking at about £5-5.5k

Thanks again for the replies if they're fetching about 4k as stever 750 mentioned i'll be keeping it but like you say Bluevrs2 there are some rough ones about i spent couple months looking when i bought this ended up travelling a few miles and purchased from main dealer i wanted good spec and this one had 18" zeniths,maxidot,jumbo pack,elec sunroof,parking sensors,cruise etc and full skoda history and 1 owner so was worth the wait but i can't give it away , hofmiester saying upto 5.5 k is getting there but would hope for more might just try and ad soon see how it goes

Yes car has xenons it seems to have most of the options fitted from new , its also had a new aircon compressor and the coilpacks replaced under a re-call plus rear wheel alignment done , all 4 tyres in excellent cond and same brand Falken 452's, the car is silver with rear tints , alloys are immaculate,if any more info required can messenge me no probs

hoping to advertise it for £6300 is this about right considering high spec and superb condition

Sorry mate no chance. I was thinking about selling my 07 TFSI for about that a year ago.

Aye stings a bit. I was looking to change last year and a few dealers just told me the reason for the low trade in price was that they just didn't want my VRS or any other big petrol. They sit on the forecourt for too long.

Trade in were so poor Vs the price of a new car that it wasn't worth changing. I'll hang on to mine for another year maybe two.

decided to keep it for now its way too good to give a dealer for what would be about 4.5k tops then see it on the forecourt the day after with a 2 grand profit and they have'nt got to service or valet it, a change of plan for me now and carry on enjoying the car just had another compliment on the car makes ya realise what a good motor they are and how highly people regard Skoda now