PD TDI Tuning Box Fitted

Just thought I'd bring this to the attention of people who may be interested. After coming from a 6 speed diesel with poo loads of power (for me anyway, I'm only 21 :p) and going into a Fabia Blueline, it was depressing, don't get me wrong it's an excellent car, just lacks in power. So anyway I've been poking around enquiring about remaps but then I came across THIS , it was only £75 so thought bugger it I'll get it, I WANT POWER! Fitted it this morning and it makes a hell of a difference! Based on the extra power I'm getting I would definitely recommend it. Just thought I'd share :)

for £75, you wont get a proper tuning box. You get a10P resistor in a nice box with some wire, a proper digital tuning box has far more wires and costs as much as a remap. What you have intercepts the MAF signals and forces the car to inject more fuel, resulting in Bore wash, lots of smoke, clogged DPF and eventually a big repair bill. Cars with a DPF should only have a proper remap where all the settings are altered so as not to cause the DPF to clog up.

U might not have done mate they sell alot of units, and you have 14days to return do you not?? Give it a blast try driving as much as possible and see what you think. If your fuel economy goes up then it aint just loading more fuel in

i had a £350 tuning box on my last Diesel,i did 50000 miles with it fitted mpg was excellent and power was up as proven on a rolling road.Then my cars mpg dropped significantly but car still ran sweet and didn't smoke,i was told that due to these tuning boxes not changing any ecu parameters other than chucking in loads of fuel but no other parameters are adjusted so eventually things will be affected.

My cars CAT became clogged up due to all that over fuelling which in turn killed the MPG .

My current 1.9PD is remapped so everything is adjusted that can be to give a reliable permanent improvement,the economy is slightly better due to extra torque so less throttle no smoke and proven gains.