Is this normal

i know some are prone to oil use but that seems excessive, someone more informed can clarify, incidentally - crap weather we are having up here eh?

turbo tic

Was it serviced at T & P Burrelton.?

Did you check the level with the engine run up untill hot oil and left a few minutes to sit with it switched off,

after you collected it from the service

& then now?

george

Edited by sk4gw

I suggest you have a problem.

It does not need to be that way, it can and needs fixed.

(these are just overfill threads, some links to high oil usage but loads more through the pages)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/243966-vrs-dealer-overfill-oil

http://www.briskoda....umption-vrs-180

Was that the '2 year/20,000 mile' service?

Get it checked out for warranty repairs,

Only a year left, but time to get a perfect engine before the warranty is out.

*Get everything in writing, check yourself with SKODA UK Customer Services, & dont get panned off with 'usual oil usage' and guff like that.

it is not usual or acceptable and they know it.*

Have you had it from new, or bought it recently??

george

PS.

just me,

but i dont wait 10 or 15 minutes.

Skoda & the manual are rubbish in the Information and Translation, and they will not commit,

read it, 'a few minutes'.

A few minutes in my life time has never been more than 5 minutes, others may disagree.

*If it is 10 minutes then that is what they should directly say, ask the Mechanic/Technician what his Service Manual says*

Plenty of threads and post on the Oil usage in the pages going back 3 weeks or so on here.

Edited by sk4gw
  • Like 1

Are they saying 1 litre per 1000 miles is OK for 4000 miles then it will stop using.

Or are you going to use 10 Litres over a 10,000 mile average car usage.

Because if a car uses 10 litres or 12 litres a year there will be no need to change the oil, just drain it & change the Filter,

Filter the oil in the car, and start all over again.

They are having a giraffe.

Give me a shout if you want,

but all the past experiences are posted here from those with Re-built engines, New Replacement Engines and cars returned and replaced.

george

I believe the specs are 1 litre of oil per 600 miles is permissible.

However if you are concerned notify your dealer and customer services if needs be.

If it is excessive there is some news coming soon to dealers on repairs.

One car fit for purpose car doing 12,000 miles a year needing 2 litres

&

another with the Permissible oil use of 20 litres over 12,000 miles.

No VAG might like to think that was acceptable,

I think they could forget their Published Emission on Fuel use if that was the case.

Carbon offsets, they would be shut down if even 20% of their product used that much oil.

Then they would want to change the oil to have you meet warranty requirements.

so permissible @ '16.6' litres poured in the filler cap over 10,000 miles

& change with the filter with 3.5 litres of fresh.

george

I believe the specs are 1 litre of oil per 600 miles is permissible.

However if you are concerned notify your dealer and customer services if needs be.

If it is excessive there is some news coming soon to dealers on repairs.

Wow, didn't realise they accepted such a high usage!

AS I have said before my was using 1L oil every 500 to 600 miles no one wanted to know, even seat UK said that's within the tolerance and I needed to do 10k and then it may settle, by that time car would have been out of warranty as I only do about 2.5k a year.

so got shot of it.

That level of usage is disgusting. And that they would say it was within tolerance!

Most cars these days don't require any top up of oil between services.

If nothing else that is a huge expense buying the extra oil!

Phil

Surely part of it,

is the 'Instructions' on the correct way to check the Oil Level on a MK 2 Fabia vRS,

which is not to drain

& then fill with the 'Amount of oil according to the Service figures', without doing a correct check with the oil up to normal running temperature first.

Since the Customer Services have been tell Customers for a while now that this was going to be be made very clear to Buyers and Dealerships.

What is the Official Published way of a Dealership Workshop checking the Oil Level after having done an Oil Service?

george

Edited by sk4gw

Ross..he inferred that he knew something I thought

There is an upcoming bulletin with repair instructions. I think they are delaying it whilst parts are accumulated from suppliers but nothing has been released yet but they are well aware of the issue. First step will be to carry out a consumption test I would think to see if it is excessive, but tbh a lot have been and they know something is wrong.

The 'Consumption Test Instructions & Procedure'

have been shown in a Letter to a vRS Owner, in a Post, in this section for months now.

It is a nonsense & a delaying tactic and people vRS's are in there last year of Warranty.

I can not see that any Court in the UK would not find against VAG if an owner had to take a Civil Action against them.

They need to Publish the possible Engine Numbers with Possible problems.

I suspect thats what is going out to Dealers, because they do not want a 'Full Recall'.

I Also suspect they are in the poo with some owners.

Great engines when running correctly,

best if they fess up quicker. VAG/Sloda that is.

george