Sunglasses Holder - Not the roof mount one

Hi all,

Something that came out of another thread was the "sunglasses holder" extra you can get on the octavia. All the posts I looked through here talk about the one that takes the place of the grab-handle but I have seen in my handbook and on an Octy WRC I test drove that you can get one that fits as part of the center console next to the handbrake. Anyone have any idea where can I get one of these? Google wasn't much help :(

Admitting that I overlooked the part about the handle, and I can't remember anyone mentioning the other sunglass holder being available somewhere. Best bet is to walk into the dealer and ask them to check the system.

if you put one on the grab handle do you loose the handle ??

i rather like holding on to it when driving

Joel

So who has the steering wheel then :eek: :rofl:

The parts list shows the spectacle holder as being an integral part of the centre console for the Ambiente and Elegance - ie you will need to buy a new centre console with one fitted.

OC10181.jpg

This is the standard Octavia I glass holder next to the handbrake. However it can only hold really small spectacles, so make sure you try it before you buy it.

I could not push my RayBan Balorama in it and although I ordered it, the dealer did not ask me to buy after the test.

Let me try and locate the part number.

Oh and it is a bolt on, so no need to change the console.

Is it available in black?
No, unfortunately. Since found it later in same parts list. :o Available in onyx or beige only. Part numbers are:

1U0 857 465B 47H onyx

1U0 857 465B 1SQ beige

Denis you're fast!!

1U0 857 465 B spectacles holder

47H onyx

1SQ beige

I thought onyx is black(ish)

OCNA20019.jpg

And I'm quite sure it comes with a couple of torx screws:

N 906 986 03 torx socket head panel screw

I thought onyx is black(ish)
You could well be right (again). I'm being cautious... :cool:

Is the holder well clear of the handbrake? Space looks a bit tight in those photos.

Well, there's plenty of space left around the handle as long as you care to pull it when you need it (i.e parking). Otherwise you might mess things up a bit, but even then I think you'll get used to it (and aim better).

Anyhow, like I said, it's only suited for small sized spectacles, so beware and try before you buy. Once fitted it will leave two holes behind when removed, so make sure you really want it.