Parrot MKi9200

Cool did you install it yourself?

Halfords have got the kit for £149+£29 fitting my wife also gets 10% off at halfords so it would be £160 fitted which is a good price!

Question is would they make a good job of fitting?

Yes, did it all myself and would have no hesitation to do it again, however it was a but of a pain the first time as I discovered how to take it all apart and put it back together again.

The Halfords price is fine if you're happy to let them do it (ie not that keen on taking your dash apart) and there's nothing to stop you telling them where you want things put. Don't forget though that you'll need to budget for the SOT cable too.

--

Gyp

SOT cable?

The parrot has standard ISO connectors on it, but the Skoda does not.

The SOT cable is the adapter cable that connects one to the other. Not sure what it stands for.

--

Gyp

The parrot has standard ISO connectors on it, but the Skoda does not.

The SOT cable is the adapter cable that connects one to the other. Not sure what it stands for.

--

Gyp

I believe that it stands for Sound On Top

I have the MKi9200 fitted to my Scout, please see the following;

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/179677-i-need-bluetooth-for-my-iphone-4-for-my-2010-octavia-vrs/page__fromsearch__1

I have had no problems with it apart from occasionally having to remove the display to reboot the system when it plays up, which is not that often. It is worth going onto the Parrot website and setting up the email reminder service, which informs you when new software is available, you just download it onto a USB flash drive, conect it to the Parrot USB connector and away you go.

As for the standard of Halfords fitting service, the original fitter did a really bad job, went to a different branch where the fitter there did a better job.

I know the location of the display in my car is a little unusual, but I have had not problems with it. It has proven handy as I use it to keep the satnav power cable away from the ventilation/Bolero controls! I would probably get them to put the microphone beside the rear view mirror, but I am still happy with it being on the A-pillar.

Fin

Fin,

The mic cable is quite long so it should be possible to pull through more cable and relocate it (subject to whether it not the Halfords installer secured the cable or not)

--

Gyp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes - I've been meaning to pop these up for a while

DSCF36182.jpg

DSCF36211.jpg

DSCF36161.jpg

DSCF36202.jpg

Spot the Neutrik USB connector - (second pic from the bottom) - Quality kit more commonly seen in professional sound and stage applications!

If a job's worth doing...

The Neutric kit isn't that pricey, and at the time was the only panel mount USB socket I could find that didn't require me to cut a perfect recess in the panel and mount the socket from behind.

And fortunately is a drop in replacement for the 3.5mm socket