Changing the bolero head unit

Can anyone give me some advice.

I am thinking of replacing my bolero with this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZC5098D-Skoda-Octavia-combi-Praktic-Fabia-Roomster-GPS-DVB-T-Radio-Navi-Car-Auto-/180837042414?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a1aba48ee.

Would it be a streight forward swap?? if so how easy is it.

Comments welcome

What is it you want out of a new head unit that the Bolero can't give you? Would an MDI kit and a HD in the glovebox meet your needs?

I considered the OEM's as an upgrade from my Stream but in the end went for a cheap Bolero on Ebay and MDI bits. I already have a Satnav so pleased with that setup.

Your old Bolero should return you £150 if you have the code for it.

Yes and nearly.

Yes: four torx-screws, slide out, undo connectors. Connect to new new unit.

Nearly: you'll need a new fascia as Columbus is a different shape.

Oh and welcome to Briskoda too :)

Just like to say thanks for all the advice on changing the Bolero. Purchased a Columbus from Ebay and installed it in 30 mins. Not bad for someone who struggles with changing a headlight bulb.

Not sure what you mean 'coded into your clocks'.

I am a real amature when it comes to technical things.

All i did was to remove the Bolero and plug in the Columbus and every thing seems fine.

The Columbus works well and the drivers info panel between the speedo and rev counter seems ok.

One question i have. I have read on various links that you can use postcode address search. Mine does not allow this. I have to work through down from the country to the house number.

Can anyone tell me if i have the latest firmware etc from the following info:

Delivery Part Number - 3T0035680B

HW Version - H61

SW Version -4024

Active Map Coverage - West Europe

Active Map Supplied - Navteq

Map Version - 7692

Perhaps i am not doing something correctly.

notice your from stockton mate,ive just sold a columbus on ebay which you could of bought as iam local,have you had the columbus coded into your clocks

Everything will work on the facelift bar possibly the maxidot if fitted but sometime as it seems in this case it will just work.