My trip to CNTuning

Hi All,

thought i would let you all know about my trip to CNTuning on saturday for SAI, N112, N249 delete breather upgrade and best of all a stage 2 map :devil:

started of a 6am getting ready for the drive down to Wokingham from Bath, quick stop off at Tesco for some of their finest 2012-08-04070939-1.jpg

got down to Clive's about 9am and first things first, a lovely cup of tea made for me by Clive's better half :)

next was to pull the file of the car and send it off to Shark HQ for them to work there magic and carry out the deletes on the ECU.

Clive got straight on with ripping out all the rubbish that VAG fitted, good job as some of the breather hoses had seen better time. a few hours later and quite a few heavy rain spells and it was time to stop for a bit of grub, again made by Clive's mrs. Happy days!

breakfastroll.jpg

once feed, back on to working on the car and thankfully the weather had cheered up. abit later we were looking at a pile of unwanted and unneeded parts.

2012-08-04114717.jpg

quite surprised how much came out!

Clive then cracked on with fitting new silicon hoses to the breather system and clean up the bay a treat. (must get the rocker cover and inlet powder coated)

2012-08-04114701.jpg

pretty much as soon as this was finished email arrived from Shark to let us know the map was back. Clive uploaded this to the ECU and we were ready to start. we fired her up and did carried out a scan, no faults codes :) time for the exciting bit, the test drive. I had been saying earlier that i was quite impressed with the standard brakes on the VRS.

so we head of to a local private road with Clive doing the logging and i am told to wind it up to 3k then nail it, MY GOD it shot off like a scalded cat, look down and i am doing some very illegal speeds. time to slow down. Jesus i need some new brakes is the first thing i say to Clive while grinning like a stupid idiot.

Clive noted some retarding on the ignition and suggested a new set of plugs would help, just so happens i had a set in the boot. Clive pipes up and said lets go back and he would pop them in. Top man. we stick them in and things are peachy.

I left about 2pm looking forward to getting back to my neck of the woods and roads i know. Clive leaves me with the comment, go careful its quite a beast now :devil:

Awesome service from a genuinely nice bloke and was looked after brilliantly, i would recommend Clive and CNTuning to anyone thinking of anywork to the VRS or any other car for that matter. Great service and very reasonable costs from a true enthusiast.

Yep been there, got the tea shirt..but not the fried egg in the roll (only bacon and sausage :sweat: )

Can't agree more top bloke and sooo helpful.

He probably told you about my silver beast he mapped..

I am back up again soon for a few more bits. :thumbup:

Yeah he said you were there and that you didnt get an Egg :rofl:

there is some off your old parts on my car (lower arms) always like loved you car just wish mine was as clean.

i am getting a few more bits just need to get the approval from the mrs first.... :whew:

Steve, i cant recommend him enough, did a first class job and even asked me whilst i was there if there were any other things on the car that might need looking at. He did a full VAG COM check as well as turning off my service light and other bits

hi clive. Would be great however im in lancashire so a very long way

Out of interest what would this sort of work cost? im trying to weight up having it done or do it myself. I think having the deletes done at the same time as having them mapped out is ideal. plus my stage 1 map appears a tiny bit floored so a good stage 2 map will work wonders. im just a down pipe away from having the mods!

Yeah he said you were there and that you didnt get an Egg :rofl:

there is some off your old parts on my car (lower arms) always like loved you car just wish mine was as clean.

i am getting a few more bits just need to get the approval from the mrs first.... :whew:

Ah ok got you now buddy...

Just tell the mrs it is life or death.....you must have them..

The deletes arnt that bad to do really as long as you have abit of time and some new breather hoses as the old one will prob be shot and fall to pieces.

Think worst bit is getting air pump off as it bolts to block in a funny place

Think worst bit is getting air pump off as it bolts to block in a funny place

Yep need a allen socket with a small extension bar then a UJ socket and a longer extension bar :thumbup:

Hi All,

thought i would let you all know about my trip to CNTuning on saturday for SAI, N112, N249 delete breather upgrade and best of all a stage 2 map :devil:

started of a 6am getting ready for the drive down to Wokingham from Bath, quick stop off at Tesco for some of their finest 2012-08-04070939-1.jpg

a penny more a litre and you could of had v power ;)