Couple of questions - Bootstrapping and the creak..!

Hi,

I have a couple of questions which I haven't really figured out on the car yet.. perhaps you guys can help.

1) When you carry bulky load and you want to use bungee strap to tie the boot down.. how do you do it?? there's no decent hook place on the boot side! :wonder:

Methods I've used are:

Boot release - that orange plastic unit, if you fiddle with the latch switch you can turn it into a loop. Its not be best solution so I couple that with the hand strap then down to the tow ring on the rear. I've never carried heavy bulky items yet but i guess this method will be too flimsy and potential disaster if failing on heavier items.

There is also a small rectangular hole on the underside of the boot which you can hook maybe 2-3 hooks onto which again for lightweight bulky items and not suitable for heavy cupboards or whatever..

2) I finally found a way to replicate my creak on the car! when you wiggle the wheel when its not moving it will creak, would this be a loose droplink making the noise? The car is on eibach springs, cupra bushes and (the purple) arb bushes.

Thanks for reading! Any help would be great.

I use two U shackles and a length of 6mm mountaineering cord.........the U shackels fit in the boot catch (orange coated on door) and will lock as it is like the striker side...then the other one fits through the striker...........then tie together using the cord......simples!!

• Like 1

Check your ARB mounting brackets - mine caused noises, and someone else's did recently. Seems the bolts undo themselves slightly (or there are multiple bad mechanics out there).

Regarding the boot tie down, I always use the strap. But I secure the load internally with the hoops in the boot & ratchet strap - the boot is just holding itself down with the strap.

• Like 1