Whats Brakes ?

Hi guys, my car is due for for some new disk + pads soon. Instead of getting standard ones im interested in get these 312mm ivr heard people have. Could someone show me a link to were i can get a set please as im not sure on what i need. Its only my back brakes that need the new disks but i dont know if i need different disks for these new 312mm brakes.

Cheers matt

What discs/pads do you have on the front? You must never put better brakes on the rear than the front as it will unbalance the car and may cause the rear to lock up.

To be honest, 90% of braking is done by the front, the rear brakes don't do much, so it's pretty pointless, unless you convert it into a trackday car.

If I was you, I'd just put standard discs on, but with the same compound of pads as you've got on the front.

Sorry didnt really explain well enough. My rear brakes need new disks & pads, but i thought while im changing them i might aswell look at upgrading the front brakes aswell.

So if i was to keep the back standard and upgrade the front what would i need and where is the best place to get them from ?

Would upgrading to 312mm on the front require me to change the the Pads and Disks or just the Brake Caliper ?

Would upgrading to 312mm on the front require me to change the the Pads and Disks or just the Brake Caliper ?

The 312mm disks don't fit in the standard 288mm calipers so you need new discs, new pads, new calipers and new carriers.

Essentially you take off everything original and replace it with all the 312mm bits from the relevant Octavia, TT, Leon, Golf.

Have a read of this thread it shows the whole process.

A quick search of ebay brough us this item which looks like the full kit or maybe this one from the same seller which seems to be cheaper due to having unpainted calipers and you could then paint them green yourself to match the rears

***edit*** the guy has it all - green calipers for you sir (you'll pay a premium though)