keeping you skoda looking tip top!

Is your car silver?

Mine is white and I have found the best combo I have tried is

2 coats of Collinite 845

Topped with a couple of coats of Chemical Guys Blitz

552026_346911938727947_211486623_n.jpg

530178_3649096350398_1502258456_n.jpg

Poorboys blackhole glaze, and dodo juice purple haze.

Also give it a going over once a month or so with a clay bar.

For the wheels I use some stuff I got off one of my mates that does valeting etc, it's just in a plain bottle so have no real idea what it is but it works lol

Also give it a going over once a month or so with a clay bar.

Err, ok. On a black car too. That's an interesting approach. I'd imagine you get through a hell of a lot of blackhole, covering the effects of that up.

Zymol Carbon Wax on mine at the moment.

Need to take the wheels off and give them a decent clean and polish.

Having Waxed it for the first time - I've since discovered the design flaw with the hatch when it has rained.

Paul

Err, ok. On a black car too. That's an interesting approach. I'd imagine you get through a hell of a lot of blackhole, covering the effects of that up.

It's a taxi, I do about 800 miles a week, so yeah every 6-8 weeks I give it a quick clay.

Keeps the paintwork free from tar and other stuff.

I dunno what you mean about covering the effects of it up, I've been using it like that for best part of 2yrs and there is nothing wrong with the paint

Autoglym shampoo

Autoglym SRP/EGP

Meguiars clay bar and quick detail spray when required

Chemical Guys quick wax

Meguiars leather cleaner

AG alloy cleaner used with a wheel/paint brush

That seems to be the main products I use these days, but have some other Meguiars/CG products I've not tried yet

Edited by _Kenny_

Quite quick and looks good for silver.

Wash, Classe AIO, Two coats of Collie 476s.

Stays shiny for a long time and dirt washes off in the rain.

It gets my vote, because while it can take a while to do (Compared to a wash & wax) it stays looking good for at least 3 months, and probably closer to 6.

I found sandpaper worked very nicely on the Delorean.

I wouldn't recommend it for modern paintwork though having used it everywhere on the Octy. It's totally matt now.

A friend said it looked better than the matt paint on the M3 though.

Sadly he later admitted he was talking about the stain on the M3 near Southampton where the Dulux wagon crashed.

I've had my Octavia about three weeks now and did the following to tart it up a bit.

First some new number plates are cheap and make a big difference.

Second, the alloys were a bit scuffed, so I first gave them a really good clean - tip use sodium hydroxide - or common drain cleaner - much much cheaper than "wonder wheels". Brush on for a few minutes and then rinse off. lightly acidic so gives a good clean.

Next I got an alloy wheel touch in kit and repaired the scuffs and marks. Finally finishing with a wet brillo pad. Finally bought some new wheel centre stickers off ebay to replace the originals which were in a poor condition.

I then touched in the stone chips with touch in paint.

You can never make a six year old car like new again, but you can improve it substantially for little cost.

• Like 1

I've always used bog standard turtle wax car shampoo and Autogleam polish once or twice a year. I wash my car about every two weeks on average or sometimes every week if I want an excuse to be out the house!