First ever Yeti MoT?

Trevorminor

Just got back from Monster's coming of age test.

This is the first Yeti MoT test to be carried out by the Skoda dealership and they believe it's the first one to be undertaken in this Country.

It passed but so it should with just a month of the original warranty still left.

Now off to party!

You'd be surprised how many cars actually fail their fist MOT, according to my local tester. Mostly on petty things like bulbs or light setting, but he has failed a few over poorly performing hand brakes/rear brakes. He thinks because most cars now rely on their front brakes so much that the rears get "polished".

My last 3 company cars have all gone over the 3 years whilst waiting for their replacement. As we have to have them main dealer serviced I always tell the garage "You've looked after it for the last three years so you should know what (if anything) is wrong with it" - they have all passed first time !!

I aim to purchase the Yeti at the end of the lease (and finally retire) so I will make sure it is MOT'd before I do...

Freelanders are generally regarded to be rubbish, even the new ones. Friend of mine, who is also my mechanic wanted a 4x4 for his caravan and I accidentally said Freelander instead of Discovery as a suggestion. He said he wouldn't touch one. Ended up getting a Kia which has been fantastic. Great to drive, quite quick, decent on diesel and pulls a massive caravan no problems.

Well 7 years experience with them, both diesels, both used extensively off-road, and both did nearly 100k miles, and neither needed any significant work doing to them. In fact the only things that were ever replaced were consumables like brakes and tyres, but they were regularly serviced.

So not all are as bad as the stories say!

My wife has a Ford Fusion (I suppose someone has to) by it's first MOT it had covered just ten thousand miles. It had been serviced every year to maintain its warranty by the dealer who supplied it, the very same place that failed it on its first MOT for emmisions. :wall::rain:

It is now five years old and serviced by me, and passes every time. :sun:

Don't understand that comment!

MOT place I go to, does the MOTs for the local Land Rover dealer, every Freelander going through there - without exception, and they did 100s - failed on a major suspension component, normally broken springs, or heavily leaking shocks.

This was the Mk1, no idea what the Mk2 is like.

Loads do. A friend is the main MOT tester in our local Audi and he regularly fails 3 year old cars on bulbs and things. Most common is lights being out of alignment.

I can imagine many Audis failing on indicator relays/bulbs, as they've not been used for 3 years....?