New car advice

CitiDave

Hi there! I'm going to buy a new Citigo this week (most likely SE) and am looking for advice for how to get the best deal etc. This will be my first new car purchase so not too sure what to expect.

I was looking to buy the SE model on PCP, with non-metallic paint and hopefully the PID!

If you are buying an SE and then paying extra for the PID you may be better off just gettting an Elegance.

It comes with the PID and several other extras and the difference in cost between the SE and Elegance is £580, when the PID alone is £275.

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

Hi Bossfox, thanks! I would like the PID, however I need to keep my monthly costs down. I hadnt really looked at the Greentech SE, i'm not sure if the extra mpg is worth the extra money? Out of interest how are people finding the PID? Do you use it as much now as when you first bought the car? (Now that the novelty has worn off so to speak)

Edited by CitiDave

Hi Bossfox, thanks! I would like the PID, however I need to keep my monthly costs down. I hadnt really looked at the Greentech SE, i'm not sure if the extra mpg is worth the extra money? Out of interest how are people finding the PID? Do you use it as much now as when you first bought the car? (Now that the novelty has worn off so to speak)

The PID is absolutely excellent, such a clever little thing. Worth the full £580, never mind £275. You won't regret it.

Thanks White Flag. The PID does look pretty cool, I just wanted to check people were still making use of it after time. I shall be going in to the dealers tomorrow to place my order so will hopefully see if I can have a play with one. Out of interest how many extras/sweeteners have people been getting out of dealers? I know there is no room for any discount at the moment with the car being so new, but was wondering what dealers could throw in to make it a bit more of a bargain! :)

Hi, am new to this as this is the first Skoda I have owned.

I went for the Greentech Elegance 60PS instead of the SE because of the extras you get. Well worth it in my opinion. The PID is great and easy to use.

Went for the Greentech due to its superior MPG, I think it's worth it as am planning to keep it for a few years.

Only had the car for just over 2 weeks, but use PID everyday (play music from iPhone through it and use Bluetooth function). It's also handy to use as your trip computer, showing MPG, avg speed etc. Can't see the novelty wearing off anytime soon.

Just out of interest what sort of mpg are you citigo drivers getting so far?

Just wondered as my twinair is way off the official figures.

Thanks

Hi, i've posted an answer to your question in the "Citigo mpg" thread.

I might be coming in a little late here -the PID is a great little device -especially for the Bluetooth phone and extra music functionality, regardless of the obvious sat-nav and trip computer functions. However you can buy one and add it later should you find a deal on an SE that's too good to refuse as all models of Citigo have the connection for the device.

That said the Elegance is a good deal and is well worth the extra money for what you get.

The start stop feature of the Greentech may or may not save you money depending on how you use the car but will certainly make it a more appealing prospect when you come to re-sell it.

Well for me its the Elegance with the 75ps engine, the value of this car is just too good to turn down and opt for the other models. But deals are another thing, i spoke with one dealer and he says they are flying out..... so discounts may be hit and miss.

Well for me its the Elegance with the 75ps engine, the value of this car is just too good to turn down and opt for the other models. But deals are another thing, i spoke with one dealer and he says they are flying out..... so discounts may be hit and miss.

" Dealer says they are flying out " Well he would say that of course.He is not going to say they are rubbish,no one wants them.You do not get a fish seller shouting STINKING FISH FOR SALE!!

I have never purchased a car without a discount and i never would.Remember as soon as the car is registered it has lost anything from 20%-40% no matter if the car is one day old or one year old.

All dealers will discount cars seeing as they get a dealer bonus even if they sell a car at cost. True with a new model like the Citygo discounts will be harder to get,but they will be out there if you try.The Internet dealers are knocking £500 off,and dealers have delivery mileage pre reg cars on sale just to make sure they get their dealer bonus. My advice,haggle hard.I taught Dom littlewood all he knows lol.

I know you can get some off, i can get a new one for £9700 in the elegance spec with 5 doors, not too bad. But given it has just come out very few will discount, which is another reason i am waiting until 1st March 2013 for the new one, i suspect xmas time may see sales drop a bit which is when i will go in for a deal.