Mid Wales Meet - Saturday 22nd September - Elan Valley

richardsfavorit

After sometime and having had not much interest in a Mid Wales meet in April - I am now aiming for something in Mid September. The plan is to meet at the Elan Valley visitor centre for 12:30pm and have some lunch and then take a drive to Devils Bridge.

The details about the visitor centre are here - http://www.elanvalley.org.uk/visiting-elan/visitor-centre/

The proposed drive would be through the Elan Valley, passed the reservoir's and over to Devils Bridge - http://tinyurl.com/cs6q7rg

If you are tight like me and don't like paying to park, just the other side of the old metal bridge (follow the road round instead of going to the visitor centre), there is free parking down the road. We could prehaps meet there and walk up to the visitor centre.

Please add your name to this thread if you are interested. If there isn't much interest I will have to cancel it again! Come on it would really good to meet a few of you and have a good drive through the Welsh hills!

Cheers Rich

Edited by David 8
fixed link

I've wanted to go to more Yorkshire meets, but both the last one and the upcoming one clash with holidays where we were/will be in Wales! It'd be nice to get to a meet somewhere, but looks like the timing is wrong again - for our third Wales holiday this year we'll be staying only 15 miles from the Elan visitor centre, but not until late October.

Richard, I might be able to manage this one!!

Martin, where are you staying and when? Might be able to arrange a Yeti outing!! (Pm if you want) If nothing else I can always recommend good places to visit, eat or drink if up this way.

Just giving this a quick update as things have gone a bit quieter, so far people attending -

1. Richardsfavorit

2. Llanigraham

3. Chrisw880

Let me know if you are interested by replying to this thread, thanks

Cheers for the replies people. Sorry you can't make it Skodanorman. Th3 Pr0ff3cy a Skoda is fine - if your stuck for one I don't mind what you roll up in!

So far then -

1. Richardsfavorit

2. Llanigraham

3. Chrisw880

4. Th3 PR0ff3CY

Cheers for the replies people. Sorry you can't make it Skodanorman. Th3 Pr0ff3cy a Skoda is fine - if your stuck for one I don't mind what you roll up in!

So far then -

1. Richardsfavorit

2. Llanigraham

3. Chrisw880

4. Th3 PR0ff3CY

I have a Škoda... Will do my best to make this.

After sometime and having had not much interest in a Mid Wales meet in April - I am now aiming for something in Mid September. The plan is to meet at the Elan Valley visitor centre for 12:30pm and have some lunch and then take a drive to Devils Bridge.

The details about the visitor centre are here - http://www.elanvalley.org.uk/visiting-elan/visitor-centre/

The proposed drive would be through the Elan Valley, passed the reservoir's and over to Devils Bridge - http://tinyurl.com/cs6q7rg

If you are tight like me and don't like paying to park, just the other side of the old metal bridge (follow the road round instead of going to the visitor centre), there is free parking down the road. We could prehaps meet there and walk up to the visitor centre.

Please add your name to this thread if you are interested. If there isn't much interest I will have to cancel it again! Come on it would really good to meet a few of you and have a good drive through the Welsh hills!

Cheers Rich

It's official.... I can make this!

:hi:

I'm planning on coming along too.

Graham - about how much time would a run up and down Claerwen take?

So:

1. Richardsfavorit

2. Llanigraham

3. Chrisw880

4. Th3 PR0ff3CY

5. Hairball (Hopefully, TBC)

6. Shmike