Can you have mudflaps fitted to the Citygo ?

Hudson1

Thanks for posting those Bertie 1. They look a perfect fit. How do they go on? Any drilling required? I have found that the back of the car gathers dirt due to the spray/vortex. Expect these should help. Wonder why Skoda don't make them available? Searched for source, but found only one link eventually for rears only, but they says will not post to Ireland :( I have the fronts fitted already. Could you post your ebay link please so I can see if they would be more flexible?

The only drilling is a 5.5mm one hole each side right under the bumper out of sight. They are a perfect fit and look better on the car than in the photo's.

Only takes 15mins from start to finish.

My scanners decided not to work so here's a photo of the instructions, sorry it's the best i can do.

DSC02048.jpg

Bertie 1, I'd be interested to know whether you find this reduces the dirt on the back of the car. I'm thinking of getting them for this reason, so would be grateful for your opinion after you've had chance to test them out.

• Like 2

Thanks Berti 1. Seems that they are out of stock. For postage they exclude Northern Ireland, amongst other locations, but strangely in that case not the Republic of Ireland. Yes like Snuggles I would be very interested to know if they reduce the dirt on the back of the car.

Thanks Berti 1. Seems that they are out of stock. For postage they exclude Northern Ireland, amongst other locations, but strangely in that case not the Republic of Ireland. Yes like Snuggles I would be very interested to know if they reduce the dirt on the back of the car.

They do post to Northern Ireland.......it says post to United Kingdom.

Last time I checked it was part of the UK and costs no more than posting to say you next county in the UK. Some Scottish islands of course may be a different price and Ireland too which is normally Air Mail rate.

Mick

They do post to Northern Ireland.......it says post to United Kingdom.

Last time I checked it was part of the UK and costs no more than posting to say you next county in the UK. Some Scottish islands of course may be a different price and Ireland too which is normally Air Mail rate.

Mick

Have a look here Mick. It says 'Ireland" is excluded. http://www.ebay.co.u...true&rt=nc#shId

Click on Postage details and it specifically excludes Northern Ireland

Anyway they seem to be out of stock presently.

Have a look here Mick. It says 'Ireland" is excluded. http://www.ebay.co.u...true&rt=nc#shId

Click on Postage details and it specifically excludes Northern Ireland

Anyway they seem to be out of stock presently.

That's a strange one to omit NI, Why?

Best give them a call I reckon if you live there. Ebay sometimes have these quirky things show up on listings and can't be changed easily, I know it's happened to me.

Anyways I will be trying for these when back in stock.

Mick

That's a strange one to omit NI, Why?

Best give them a call I reckon if you live there. Ebay sometimes have these quirky things show up on listings and can't be changed easily, I know it's happened to me.

Anyways I will be trying for these when back in stock.

Mick

I'm in the Republic Mick, but if they were in stock I would give them a ring to see if they would make an exception.

If the VW Up rear mud flaps fit the Citigo does that mean the front UP mud flaps will fit as well? Can't see why they may be different.

Mick

Edited by MickA

And just for those who want some I've just ordered these http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649

They do the UP fronts as well so I've taken the risk and ordered those too in the hope they fit My Citigo.

Mick

AAaaargh!!....and they won't sell to Ireland either. What's up? None of the suppliers of these are selling to Ireland.

• Like 1

AAaaargh!!....and they won't sell to Ireland either. What's up? None of the suppliers of these are selling to Ireland.

If you cannot get hold of any locally I'll order you some and send them on. Have to work out how much though.

Mick

• Like 1

If you cannot get hold of any locally I'll order you some and send them on. Have to work out how much though.

Mick

Thanks Mick. That's very kind of you. I will try not to trouble you though. I have this morning requested my dealer to find out if they can get the Up! rear's., and how much. Failing that, my son is in the London Met. police and could do it for me.

Thanks Mick. That's very kind of you. I will try not to trouble you though. I have this morning requested my dealer to find out if they can get the Up! rear's., and how much. Failing that, my son is in the London Met. police and could do it for me.

Just heard back from dealer. They will supply and fit for €55....that's about £45. Might seem a lot to you given the £18 purchase price on ebay (plus postage?). That's about €22 (excl. postage). I reckon that the carriage to me would be that again.....say €45 total and then fitting extra. €10 (€8) to bring it to the €55 requested and I think I would not do any better to buy through ebay, and at least the fitting will be done for me. Thanks again Mick.

Just heard back from dealer. They will supply and fit for €55....that's about £45. Might seem a lot to you given the £18 purchase price on ebay (plus postage?). That's about €22 (excl. postage). I reckon that the carriage to me would be that again.....say €45 total and then fitting extra. €10 (€8) to bring it to the €55 requested and I think I would not do any better to buy through ebay, and at least the fitting will be done for me. Thanks again Mick.

Dependant on weight Liam. If those mudflaps weigh more than say 1.5kg then your looking at more than £10 to send to the republic. Obviously the lighter the packet the cheaper it will be to send, even cheaper if it's going to NI and annoying too. I see your point about it maybe easier to get them fitted at your dealer.

Anyway my packet is already on it's way to me, been despatched today so hopefully get them on this weekend.

Mick

I have now received the above mentioned mudflaps in my post and can confirm they fit perfectly.

Quickish delivery from the ebay VW dealer (3 days) and genuine VW parts. These are for the UP model and fit the Citigo.

I had to trim a little piece from the rear mudflaps at the bottom to make them sit properly, although they looked ok as they were. I also didn't drill the lower bumper as mentioned in another post in this thread. I couldn't bring myself to put a hole in the body, although not seen really.

Anyway see here for the "How to" http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/253783-fitting-front-and-rear-mudflaps-to-your-citigo/ hope it helps.

Oh and thanks for GlenM for showing how they fitted on his Citigo's

Mick

Edited by MickA

VW UP! rear mud flaps fitted by dealer to our Citigo. He did trim off a piece of rubber at the interface of the flap to the underside of the bumper to get it to sit up against it properly, as MickA described in his fitting instructions thread.

post-95188-0-14374900-1351007487_thumb.jpg

Well had them fitted since the weekend, no problems look good but one problem...

When I'm carrying a passenger and have to negotiate a set of speed humps at my works car park my rear flaps drag on the hump. Checked them out and no damage. Just a little concerned at first it may damage the plastic bumper but the flaps are rather flexible so ok.

My passenger (my son) is rather a big lad at 6' 3" and build like a prop forward, so I'll have to kick him out when I go over the humps :rofl:

Mick

• Like 1

Mine arrived today, just two days from ordering and even came with a free gift.... a snakey clothes hanger that clips onto headrests. The instructions are like War and Peace, why VW make them so complex to fit is beyond me :giggle:

• Like 1