Buying Advice for Vrs

Hope someone can offer me a little guidance on this.

Managed to trash my last Octavia and I'm now in the market for an Octavia II Vrs.

Can anyone tell me what the weak points are on this car as I have no idea where to start.

I was reasonably well genned up on the 1U2,but I'm guessing as the Octy II is a new model that they will not share the same troublesome issues.

I went to look at one today,and apart from the engine sounding a bit tappety and the drivers door handle being stiff,it seemed like a pretty good car.

I know about the door seals on the back doors and that all seemed fine,but is there anything else I should be looking out for.

Edited by GAZZANATOR

Air con compressor can fail, problems with Teeves Abs sensor, both happened to mine, make sure it has had water pump and timing belt done .Diesel or petrol and you got a link?

Check sills for rust and bubbling if it's a pre-FL.

Check badges for cosmetic damage (not a big deal I suppose)

Check the lumbar adjustment on the seats.

Check the inner edges of the rear wheels.

Thanks for the help guys.

That ties in with what I heard yesterday.

The bodywork was absolutely spot-on,so no worries there.Am I right in saying they came new with a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty?

Have another one to go look at this weekend coming,so we'll see what happens.

Just out of curiosity,does anyone know what the timing belt change intervals are on the petrol version.

This is the one I went to see yesterday

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201225476354726/sort/locasc/usedcars/price-to/7000/model/octavia/make/skoda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/page/1/keywords/vrs/radius/1500/postcode/g131yl?logcode=p

And this weekends mission

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201224475547894/sort/locasc/usedcars/price-to/7000/model/octavia/make/skoda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/page/1/keywords/vrs/radius/1500/postcode/g131yl?logcode=p

Any opinions ?

Edited by GAZZANATOR

Thanks for the help guys.

That ties in with what I heard yesterday.

The bodywork was absolutely spot-on,so no worries there.Am I right in saying they came new with a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty?

Have another one to go look at this weekend coming,so we'll see what happens.

Just out of curiosity,does anyone know what the timing belt change intervals are on the petrol version.

Petrol vRS cambelt is every four years or 80k,whichever comes first,I believe.

Sorry,forgive the ignorance RSmike,but what is maxidot ?And is it good or bad ?

And meta55b,are you talking about the silver one? coz I thought that too,but if it's been in an accident it's not been registered coz i checked.

And thanks for the info XK140.I'll check with both dealers to find out if either has had it done yet.

Yes the second one looks like a different colour on the wing, it had been hanging around, an 07 plate with green calipers? The second one looks better, but I would pay £5250 and want a respray of that wing :happy:

Agreed that the wing looks a darker silver, but then so does the passenger side wing?

Silver can be a funny colour in different lights, I saw a 12 plate VW Polo yesterday and to me the door looked patchy?

What are the wires in the passenger footwell, the remains of a phone cradle?

I agree that silver is an odd colour to judge,especially from photos.A little detective work may be in order . . . . .

As for the wires,all will be revealed come sunday.If it's the remnants of a phone cradle it's not a problem as long as there are no gaping holes in the dashboard.

Decent,well priced cars seem to be a rarity north of the border,so I need to be willing to travel to find one.And Blackpool's not that far away - even if it turns out to be a turd.

Got my eye on another couple if these two don't work out.