Looking at buying a vRS

Have a friend who had an R32, they traded in for a disco 3 when their sprog came along. The 4x4 system eats up a chunk of the boot space and they didn't think there was enough left. It is do-able.

He loved the noise from the V6 but it wasn't actually all that fast, it's a heavy car. Unless you get an older one it's going to be £400 tax a year.

similarly I had a guy come up to me and ask about my Octy since he was trading in his 3 series for one. 3 series boot was so useless he was using his wife's fiesta whenever they took the kids anywhere because it had more space.

One of my mates loves Alfas, He had a 156 then a Brera 2.4d and had very little bother with any of them. again like the other he only traded in the Brera when a baby came along and the 3dr was impractical. Now has an A4 Avant.

Ok so I sold my 159 yesterday and will have £10k to put down on something. Shortlist as follows and I am torn:0)-

1. Golf R32 5 door- had one before and loved the noise from the v6 but not sure the mk5 shape does it for me

2. Alfa giulietta cloverleaf 1750

3. Octavia vRS estate.

Budget is around 17-18k max.

The thing tha really draws me about the skoda is the new ones are being offered at 20% vat free and 500 extra deposit off from skoda. Also free 3 year servicing and warranty. I guess I could have my own spec in leather/ heated seats/xenons etc. very appealing time to buy with the extras and with 2 little ones under 4 a race blue estate could be the best of the 3 options?? I loved the Alfa interior though and with 10k mileage a year now am torn as to what to go for. They all have pluses and minuses. Heart says golf and head says space and performance. Ahhhh maybe that final test drive will do it:0)

Alfa wouldnt even be on my list TBH.

R32 - love these, really wanted one and was going to trade my golf TDI dsg in for one then the company changed the rules on the car allowance scheme and limited me to 160 kg/km of Co2. Buggers.

Thing is the VRS will be brand new or nearly new for your budget. That counts for a lot in my book. Plus its miles bigger than the golf r32.

I have heard s few R32's and they sound amazing. So tempting.

Got be honest I had heated seats in my mk5 golf and loved them but I suffer from bad back and I feel the heat helps .But back to the car I must say I have a VRs diesel and wouldn't change it for anything else I love everything about it how it performs as it has been mapped and the leathers ok to but boot space is incredible just gets everything in there VRS all the way

Hi. Thanks for thoughts and the more I mull it over the more I think a new/nearly new Octy with Alcantara and Clemons would be great all round wise. I can always remap later to keep me intrrested once the warranty runs down. Do the alcantara seats come with heated option or just with full leather?

The noise of that v6.., very addictive. Something tells me that the all rounder is a good place to with 2 boys under 4 yrs even if I use the car for the commute during the week.

Cheers.

Hi. Thanks for thoughts and the more I mull it over the more I think a new/nearly new Octy with Alcantara and Clemons would be great all round wise. I can always remap later to keep me intrrested once the warranty runs down. Do the alcantara seats come with heated option or just with full leather?

The noise of that v6.., very addictive. Something tells me that the all rounder is a good place to with 2 boys under 4 yrs even if I use the car for the commute during the week.

Cheers.

I'm sure you wont be dissapointed with that decision ;)

You could always buy a cheaper 2nd "weekend" car to indulge your V6 passion or maybe even a V8 :evil:

I do like the sound of a NA V6/V8. I had a V6 before my 1st mk1 Octy vRS and I was addicted to the sound.

If i'm totally honest my driving style is more suited to NA engine rather than turbo. Sounds like im trying to talk myself in to a new V6/V8 car. Looks like a RS4/RS6 for me :rofl:

I like your thinking! She'll be driving the Octy during the week and I can chop her Golf in for a weekend bit on NA entertainment! Problem solved:0) I will need a car pretty much straight away after selling mine though so not sure how long ordering a new one would take. Might have to settle for very low mileage and close to my spec. Test drive on Tuesday :0)

Test drove a candy white TFSI vRS this morning. Alcantara interior. Really liked it. Now on the hunt for a low mileage race blue one:0) it could be a wait right enough as want xenons and manual. Let's see how the search goes:0)

• 2 weeks later...