I've recently purchased a fun and I'm looking for a soft top cover as I feel the truckman tops take away from the looks and style of them, most of this is taking place by trawling breaker sites and ebay, in my travels I have found a hard top on ebay with a starting price of £750... surely this can't be the going rate for truckman tops is it...? http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_500wt_1288

He also has a full set of seats for sale, which given mine are in poor condition I'm quite interested in, but again the price seems quite high... what are your opinions on this?

http://www.ebay.co.u...a#ht_500wt_1288

Is it just me not realising the cost of rare spares or is this guy trying to get more than what they're worth due to the low supply?

Answers on a postcard please.

Mark

The guy selling the Truckman also has an unrealistic price for the truck too. Truckmans don't wear out or break (normally) so there will come a point when there's a 1:1 ratio of Truckmans to trucks. There are 2 types of Truckman too: with or without glass, they also fit VW Caddy II's (Skodas in drag).

As for the spares, I think the guy selling the seats is trying to sell the stuff as "rare", hence the stupid price. (Plus it'll be a real ar$e-ache to separate from the rear wall) Well, yes they are, but not that rare. £150 for door cards? Mine went for £20. I have two front seats too, not put them out yet as am still in the process of cleaning them up. I don't expect much for them in reality.

Bumpers are a different matter: our local dealer quotes £1000 for a new front and £850 for a new rear *IF* they could find any. Most, if not all of the parts (except the rear-wall, rear seats, tailgate, bumpers and yellow stuff) are all bog-standard Felicia parts. From the B-pillar forwards it is, for all intents and purposes, the same as the cars, vans and pickups.

Whilst we're talking about spares, I have the following in a box, if anyone's interested........

2 x Rear light clusters with yellow lower trim

2 x Wing mirrors (complete) missing some paint though. (Yellow)

2 x hub caps, laquer missing (yellow)

2 x outer door handles (yellow)

2 x outer keylock covers (yellow)

2 x headlights, No cracks or bullseyes

2 x bed drain pipes

1 x fuse/relay plate

1 x 1.6 throttle body (cleaned)

I'll be interested in the seats you've got when you get them cleaned up and ready to sell. It's just the front ones I'm interested in really, the back ones seem to have had little if any use, whereas the front ones have been well used and not cared for.

Also whilst I'm here I'm looking for a passanger side sun-visor, managed to snap it off by accident :(

Hi, totally second Rainbow on these issues, don't get suckered into paying daft prices for supposedly rare parts! It's only the bits & bobs more specific to funs that can be a little more tricky, the rest is typically Felly/Caddy. The link details I sent previously showed ddspares as having a half decent top for £175 + they're breaking a fun so worth investigating further. There's also Rainbow spares to fall back on ;):thumbup:

Hi, totally second Rainbow on these issues, don't get suckered into paying daft prices for supposedly rare parts! It's only the bits & bobs more specific to funs that can be a little more tricky, the rest is typically Felly/Caddy. The link details I sent previously showed ddspares as having a half decent top for £175 + they're breaking a fun so worth investigating further. There's also Rainbow spares to fall back on ;):thumbup:

I've tried finding the link to ddspares but can't get it to work, can you please repost the link so I can try and source parts from them? :) thank you

I'll be interested in the seats you've got when you get them cleaned up and ready to sell. It's just the front ones I'm interested in really, the back ones seem to have had little if any use, whereas the front ones have been well used and not cared for.

Will keep you in mind when they are cleaned up. I've only got the front ones. ;)

Think the visors went ages ago though.

What I am after, if anyone sees one in a breakers or has one floating around, is a Fun rear bumper.

Something I've been toying with, as I have a spare front bumper is to re-build it, sand it, paint it etcetc (have toyed with the idea of putting DRLs in the bumper itself whilst it's being repaired) and then doing a trade-in type thing with those who have got damaged ones. (so basically you'd trade your busted one and some cash for the repaired one.) Given the amount of Funs that are out there, it's certainly never going to be a business. If I can do the same for the rears, that wouldn't be a bad thing either.

• Like 1

Whilst am thinking on the front seats, I found, after a lot of messing around with loads of different cleaners etc, that Flash With Febreeze does a really good job at cleaning them. Just remember to keep the leather feeder and restorer handy, as the Flash will dry the leather out quickly too. Brought the steering wheel and seats in TB4 up a treat.

• Like 1

i have felicia spares to if needed any one have glass all round tinted glass can i say they are "rare" as it was off the slxi air con modal and thats a "rare" car i am after the side skirts and arces but not paying that persons price

I've tried finding the link to ddspares but can't get it to work, can you please repost the link so I can try and source parts from them? :) thank you

Hi ya, try this:

Opening Hours:

Weekdays 8.00-1.00 (Lunch) 1.30-4.30

Saturday 8.00-12.00

Sunday Closed

Phone: 01761 431138

Email: [email protected]

ebay-FindUs.gif?height=121&width=200

facebook-logo.jpg?height=60&width=200

Dunkerton Dismantlers

Old Colliery Yard

Dunkerton

Bath

BA2 8AU

;)

Will keep you in mind when they are cleaned up. I've only got the front ones. ;)

Think the visors went ages ago though.

What I am after, if anyone sees one in a breakers or has one floating around, is a Fun rear bumper.

Something I've been toying with, as I have a spare front bumper is to re-build it, sand it, paint it etcetc (have toyed with the idea of putting DRLs in the bumper itself whilst it's being repaired) and then doing a trade-in type thing with those who have got damaged ones. (so basically you'd trade your busted one and some cash for the repaired one.) Given the amount of Funs that are out there, it's certainly never going to be a business. If I can do the same for the rears, that wouldn't be a bad thing either.

It's only the front ones I'm after, back ones are pretty much perfect condition don't think they've been used that much...

thanks for the tips on cleaning. After messing up the paint job today due to not checking for residual water in the compressor it looks as if it's going to be another week before it's on the road. going to have to rub it down and put a fresh coat on top.

don't get me wrong it looks good... http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/426759_10151067771659263_906962608_n.jpg

until you get up close that is... http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294316_10151067973109263_1407345698_n.jpg

Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess :)

I agree, sprayed it all the base coat yellow to begin with, just to save time masking off parts that were going to get sprayed a different colour anyway, and looking at it as it is in just the monotone it's too bland and doesn't, for want of a better term, POP out so much as the two tone. I toyed with the idea of doing the skirts black, heightening the suspension and putting wider wheels on to give it that 4x4 look, but inevitably came to the conclusion that the classic two tone colouring is by far the best look. However I'm pretty sure when colour matching I have picked a slightly lighter yellow for the body than the original, once I unmask the bed It'll all become clear as if I have then they won't match.

I thought I might have seen you on the A75 near Annan about a week ago, but guess that must have been someone else. It's rare that mine goes that far over, but I'll let you know if I'm headed for the borderso we can swap stories and compare rust.

I thought I might have seen you on the A75 near Annan about a week ago, but guess that must have been someone else. It's rare that mine goes that far over, but I'll let you know if I'm headed for the borderso we can swap stories and compare rust.

It couldn't have been me, there is however another fun kicking about in Carlisle, now that my friends are aware I've got one as my newest project they keep sending me congratulatory texts saying they saw me on the road. soon! soon I shall be on the road! :) just one more week (this seems to be my mantra at the moment)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I have just bought a Fun but the front seats are very tatty and I was wondering what a reallistic price would be for them after seeing the ebay ones, and how readily available they are. Also the steering wheel has been changed so I would be looking for a genuine one of these plius gear knob as I would like to keep it oringinal as far as is possible.

Hi Wolfie! Welcome aboard.

A good pair of seats are hard to come by. But, they do clean up quite well. (Flash with Febreeze does a pretty good job.) Most Fun spares are hard to come by.....most now seem to come at the demise of another Fun :(

I have some bits and pieces floating around (reminds me: must reply to someone!) I *think* I might have a wheel, gear nob and gaiter around somewhere, however they'll need yellowing again as they were badly worn.

Worth a mention, `Gliptone` Todmorden, Yorks sell Skoda Yellow leather repair dye. Redid some of the bad bits, when the fun first came,, with some success, the steering wheel especially--did it and the cracks white first.

^ That's interesting to know. The gear knob on mine is now quite worn + some dreaded cracking on seat's leather. So many Fun's seem to go the same way, in some cases despite the best efforts of the owners. Will look into that option, cheers :happy:

I sold a truckman a few months ago (one with glass) and I had offers of £400 from both Germany and Czech Republic! (And these were multiple email conversations, not just silly offers) so I reckon budget £400+ if you want one as they are still in demand!

(I sold it in the UK for slightly more)