2006 Petrol VRS Climatronic Problem

When I turn on Air Conditioning only luke warm air comes out of the vents (ECON off and heat set on low.) When I put ECON on, air coming out of the vents is cooler but not cold.Plenty of gas in the system, no errors on the diagnostics,have done reset on the Climatronic, compressor is running and spins up with engine revs. Engine Fans come on as normal. Anyone any idea's or is it the dreaded Compressor knackered.Car has done 60K. Is there any fuses/ relays to check ?

Probably the compressor, take it to Kwik Fit, they'll do a re gas and it it doesn't make it cooler they won't charge.

But you have the same symptoms as I had and it was the compressor!!!!!

It will be the compressor , if you have full dealer service history you can try goodwill at your dealer, I got it fitted seviced and working for 468, the part is 548! even an independent is 500

Do you hear clicking noises from the centre console?

I had similar symptoms in my 56 plate 1.9 pd elegance. Even at 16 deg C, it was blowing warm air. On the Lo setting, it was freezing cold..

I did the reset as described by Mike and it has worked perfectly since. Apparently, this procedure resets the temperature control flaps, and as I said, it's worked perfectly since.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Guys,

Doesn't need a regas plenty of pressure in the system and no leaks. It certainly looks like it might be the compressor.

Yeah I've done the reset but no better. However since this started I have been having a Battery drain overnight, left the meter across the Battery last night and it dropped from 12.70 volts to 11.65 volts. Leak test on battery says it's good, checked out the infamous under bonnet fuse box and there is evidence of water present, I wonder if this is coincedence with Climatronic problem or seperate, anyhow anyone taken the under bonnet fuse box to pieces ? If so how does it come apart,? I believe it is in in 2 parts.

Thanks again.

I have the same problem willingtonsteve, it's a nightmare! Been looking at sd7v16 which my octavia vrs 2L tdi has but there are a few different ones! Does anyone know if this one can be used on my car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-A-C-COMPRESSOR-AC-AIR-CON-PUMP-/251139625036?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7916904c&_uhb=1#ht_1226wt_922

The only part number I have is sd7v16 and that matches but some llook longer so I'm a bit worried that there is another number on it I don't know about! I will try and call a skoda dealer tomorrow see what they say! Thanks dionj.

Well I rang my local skoda dealer and asked for the part/the parts name or serial no and a quote for the part!

The quote was around £800 :o (heart attack imminent) and they could not give me a part name or number because "we would be giving away business lol,

But a friend managed to get the compressor for me at cost :D £295 (well chuffed I am)

For anyone who needs the part number for skoda octavia vrs 2.0 tdi 2006 air con compressor it is- 1KO 820 859 QX

Thanks for the help :) Rich.

Well not me, I get batteries oil, plugs etc from eurocarparts and the rest from my dealer , I order that many I get discount, any slight blemish I replace, lights, reflectors mirror glass, trim ,switches , badges etc :happy: The parts manager is now a mate :blush:

Ignition on, but engine NOT running.

Hold down ECON and bottom left of 4 oblong buttons for airflow.

Display changes, you'll hear loads of clicking.

Once clicking stops, display changes back to normal.

Repeat if necessary.

Climatronic should now be calibrated.

Also, this can be done by VCDS.

Mike

Thank you very much mike :) My 56 plate 2.0TDi Elegance threw a wobble on my way home tonight, no matter what setting I had the climatronic in I was barely getting any airflow from the vents but I could hear the fan motor working.

Tried your little trick 10 minutes ago and all is right with the world, nice strong airflow in all settings again.

Cheers!

Ignition on, but engine NOT running.

Hold down ECON and bottom left of 4 oblong buttons for airflow.

Display changes, you'll hear loads of clicking.

Once clicking stops, display changes back to normal.

Repeat if necessary.

Climatronic should now be calibrated.

Also, this can be done by VCDS.

Mike

Worked for me too, I had a weired breathing sort of noise that was pretty loud coming from the vents and now after that little trick it has stopped.

Cheers :thumbup:

Edited by Fitz323