Dealer cost of wiper blades?

kibby

Purchased a full set from dealer at a shade under £60. Was expecting a fair bit more than on-line or E-bay but this feels a bit steep.

Was expecting something begining with a 4.

What did you pay at a dealer?

Sorry for double post ...though I'd lost 1st one!!!

Edited by kibby

We purchased a genuine front set for a Citroen C5 Picasso recently, they're quite long aero type blades which were just under £40 retail. For my old Ford heap, I find that the local factors blades at £1.20 each (minimum quantity 10, so £12.50) are reasonably good and I can change them 2 or 3 times a year.

I had to change as mine were beginning to split at the ends. Bought Bosch twin aero ones from Halfords. I paid around £40 I think.

I now need to replace the rear for the same reason. The wiper blade is coming away from the arm.

Just before I went away i replaced all my wipers again. Bosch aeros, £18 for the fronts online but i cant recall what the rear one cost. Total was just over £60 for two complete sets of blades though, front and rear.

• 1 month later...

Just got a set of Bosch Aerotwins (980S) fitted free at Autoglass, (their offer on till the 22nd Oct).

Two chips repaired in windscreen as well. :nerd:

• Like 1

Ouch! £60?

I'd normally agree with the comments above about using eBay.

However Euro Car PArts are quite a bit cheaper at the moment using the Briskoda online discount code...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/252591-wiper-blades-bargain-price-30-off/

£23 for a full set (front and rear). These are Bosch too so identical to OEM.

Have you fitted them yet? If not take them back and tell them they are having a giraffe!