four wheel alignment

bill2

hi my superb is two years old with 20,000 miles on the clock i have been offered a 4 wheel alignment check does anybody know if this would be a wast of money.

bill

I'd get it done, especially if you're not the only driver. Other drivers might have kerbed it or similar when parking which can knock alignment out.

It shouldn't cost much and can prolong tyre life.

Then again, they just say alignment check, so does that mean that they'll charge more to do the actual adjustment?

I had abnormal rear tyre wear on my Octavia which was picked up at the second service (at 2 years old) and a 4 wheel alignment was done at no cost under warranty. Happy Driver :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have uneven tyre wear on the f/n/s and think this goes back to hitting a deep pothole about 6 months ago. The tread depth is now 2mm.

I've just had my 20,000 service (14200 on the clock) and been advised by D M Keith in Bradford that I should have a 4 wheel alignment check once I get the 2 new tyres fitted on the front as it is likely that this misalignment is the cause of the uneven wear.