Vrs top end power

mikey01

I have had my fabia vrs for almost a year now and have always had one slight problem on my mind. It has had a remap, clutch etc but still won't pull much more than 125. ( on private land) any help would be very grateful. I know of another two pd130 cars with the same map easily pull 140.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I'll have to get another maf and try that. Any idea where from. Is it a cheap fix?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Get some logs done, it may well be down to the remap itself.

Would it be the maf tho as it pulls like a train up to 110. No engine light or any fault codes come up.

I've remapped one car which the driver complain it wouldn't go past 110 before hand. When carrying out logs it was discovered the MAF was failing.

Log group 3 from 1.5/2k in 4th till redline or as high as you can go. Do it a couple of times.

I'd recommend logging Channels 3, 8 and 11, if you've got access to a decent cable, do a run and log all 3 together, then a few more runs and log each channel separately for clarity. Also, what year is your car and what engine code? As if I remember correctly, some are MAF based and some are MAP based.

Just to clear up my (Private Land) statement, so it makes people happy :) I have a little diagram same as tricey has provided. But mine provides the speed I tend to get while raping it down my private track.

Untitled-9.png

And complete BS!

Anyways back on topic, could be the maf not doin it's job properly, leaking boost somewhere, could be many things. I'm sure a there's a vagcom test that can be done to look for certain things.

On another note, I've managed 135 on the clocks on my crappy 1.9PD tdi, but gps said 115!! the speedo is a million miles out on my car

And complete BS!

Anyways back on topic, could be the maf not doin it's job properly, leaking boost somewhere, could be many things. I'm sure a there's a vagcom test that can be done to look for certain things.

On another note, I've managed 135 on the clocks on my crappy 1.9PD tdi, but gps said 115!! the speedo is a million miles out on my car

6mph out, had 135 on the gps and just over 140 on the clocks