Please help new or old vrs

Hi,

I have sold my wife's old ford focus and she now has my new one, so I am now ready to buy my vrs petrol version as I only do about 4k a year but here is my dilemma I want to buy a new one but I will have to wait about 12 weeks and it will not be easy with only having one car now and my wife needs it for her job as a nurse working shifts and we have younge children, so do I struggle with one car and wait or buy a nearly new one?

Thanks for any advise.

I bought my vRS (now gone to a new owner somewhere) as a demonstrator, it was 4 months old and had a nice big chunk of cash taken off. So there is plenty of logic in it for me, and I would buy nearly new again.....in fact I might never buy a 'new' car again.

Unless you are very specific about colour & specification there seem to be quite a few available around the country now with delivery a lot quicker than that. Get your dealer to check what is about. If you are prepared to be a bit flexible you might get one for a few weeks delivery & with all the current offers.

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far, I am looking for a silver vrs petrol version, but not easy to find a 2012 plate one. The best I can find so far is a December 61 plate in silver and I am going to phone them and see what I can haggle the price down to.

I have found a few bargain 2012 plate models but in white which I am not keen on but never mind I will just keep looking and see what comes up.

At least you have some time to spend looking around. When I was looking I had a short list of things that I wanted the car to have......Race blue paint, jumbo box and climate control with rear elec windows, and the 18 inch wheels. As a bonus the car came with rear parking sensors and cruise control added as well.......result.

So at the right price it's definitely worth doing. But I think some dealers seem to want too much for year old cars now IMO.

At least you have some time to spend looking around. When I was looking I had a short list of things that I wanted the car to have......Race blue paint, jumbo box and climate control with rear elec windows, and the 18 inch wheels. As a bonus the car came with rear parking sensors and cruise control added as well.......result.

So at the right price it's definitely worth doing. But I think some dealers seem to want too much for year old cars now IMO.

The new cars come with all the above options as standard. Except parking sensors. I got my new one within 2 weeks but i wasnt fussy about colour but did want sensors. If buying nearly new it would need to be heavily discounted as new ones are VAT free.

INHO my VRS is 5yr old and hasn't missed a beat.

For those low mileages, and taking into account the hellish depreciation on the petrol (especially if the media is right and petrol is about it hit 150p) a 3yr old FL VRS with the TSI engine and good spec would be a bargain. Get approved used for a full year warranty and no timing belt on the TSI at 4yr.

Hi,

Just to update you all I have ordered a brand new silver vrs from DTD and I can get a loan of another car whenever I need it, just cant wait for my early Xmas present to come, so lets hope the next 12 weeks pass by quickly.

Any options?

Hi,

I have selected maxidot, rear parking sensors and spare wheel but not sure if anything else is a must have option without spending a fortune.

Do you recommend anything else I should think about adding?

Nice choice, the spare wheel and maxidot are no brainers, well ticked!

Rear sensors are also a must have for me, as would be the curtain airbags.

One last option would be the xenon headlights, at almost £700 they aren't cheap but I do a lot of rural miles at night and wouldn't go back to standard headlights now.

All in all I think you've specced it well, enjoy!

Nice choice, the spare wheel and maxidot are no brainers, well ticked!

Rear sensors are also a must have for me, as would be the curtain airbags.

One last option would be the xenon headlights, at almost £700 they aren't cheap but I do a lot of rural miles at night and wouldn't go back to standard headlights now.

All in all I think you've specced it well, enjoy!

Thanks for getting back to me, I don't really do any night time driving and I only stay less than 1 miles from my work, so cant really justify spending £700 on xenon headlights even though I am sure they make a huge difference, never thought about curtain airbags will have to maybe research on here and see what other think if they are worth having.

I only do about 4k per year but that might change once I get my new vrs.