Danny p's transforming vrs

danny p

After developing some engine vibration I decided to source a replacement dogbone. After some help from "Porkballs" I managed to get hold of a new one and then fitted some stiffer poly bushes, this is booked in for Wednesday and also will be getting them to fit my new s3 lower brace whilst they are under there! :)

post-64344-0-68542800-1359356538_thumb.jpg

post-64344-0-05939600-1359356864_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Next we have a Vr6 clutch and Smf Ecs tuning flywheel change, big thanks to Luca (Oet) for supplying the parts! :) feels strange but very nice though :):)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

post-64344-13717639041863_thumb.jpg

post-64344-13717639175517_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I believe iv got the same, I didn't weight it but it felt very light. I have alot more confidence in using this set up. :)

A slightly massive problem occurred on the day of my R-tech mapping, they found a good old crack on my exhaust manifold :( . R-tech helped me by sourcing a second hand ported manifold of a big power golf. So a trip to Tps for some gaskets and a new version Recirc valve and we are almost ready for my remap! Again!!:(

post-64344-13722456086331_thumb.jpg

Recently got my car back from R-tech who helped me out big time, but I'm slightly confused on my figures I got from my stage 2 map?? I was expecting a little more number's wise. Well im happy with the way it feels and the power curve seems a lot better, I was expecting around the 300 torque mark :(

Few more tweaks needed!

post-64344-0-40334800-1372532225_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers pal,

After you let me have a blast in yours I had to sort the stage 2 map out. It feels very nice at the minute but it needs a few more tweaks, iv been spending alot of time with R-tech and they have been teaching me the ways of the FORCE! I look forward to seeing your car again soon with all that lovely green pipework :D.... very jealous! !

• 3 months later...

Cheers pal, I have been watching ur build and I'm loving your work so far. I can only imagine all that prep work you did was a nightmare!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here are some pics of the Rarb I fitted before I went around Castle combe in September, nice easy job with a massive improvement and gain in control and confidence when in the bends! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Caught a glimpse of a sleeper Dacia track car in asda today, recaro bucket seats the works! Will think twice the next time I see a Dacia!

Posted Image

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks pal,

I haven't got a direct link as my setup was purchased second hand but it is something along these lines as I have got the lightened flywheel.

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/octavia1/ecs-stage-1-clutch-kit-228mm-5-speed

Most popular setup is the Vr6 / G60 clutch and flywheel.