yes, another central locking question!

ben10

Arrrgghhh! just as i fix one issue (knocking from the front, arb bush knackered, fixed!) another one pops up!

this afternoon i went to unlock my car with the remote and the drivers door did not unlock, it will only unlock off the key

when i unlock with the key, the interior light does come on and my drivers window and mirror both work ok

when i sit in the car and use the lock/unlock button on the door switch panel the drivers door still doesn't lock/unlock

doing a search, it seems i can rule out the microswitch in the door lock as the interior light comes on when i unlock with the key. also, it seems i can rule out corroded/broke power wire to door as my window/mirror still work

so that leaves a faulty door lock, or faulty door convenience unit. what and where is this so called convenience unit?

and is there anything else it could be or that i need to check?

thanks for any help

The convienience unit as far as I know controls the central locking, interior lights and electric windows. It's located behind the headlight switch and fuse box. Very easy to change, as I changed mine a few months ago.:-)

hmmm, so if the convenience unit also controls the windows and interior light, and my windows and interior light all work, then i'm suspecting it isn't this then?

Azzy12, you say you changed your convenience unit, why did you change this? did you have similar symptoms?

i'll take my doorcard off and have a good poke around, but i assume a new door lock will solve this?

cheers

Iv done alot of reading about this issue online since it was brought up on this post .. An it seems there's a number of areas the problem

Could be.. Removing the wee panel at the bonnet release handle was my first port of call . Checked here for broken or split wires . All seemed ok . Next was the rubber booth which covered the wires going from the car into the door . All seemed ok here too . Although wthe wires in both areas seem very brittle and stiff :( .. Today I'm taking off the door car an having a look around again . ;)

At first my octy would unlock itself and then lock again constantly, and a few weeks later all my windows had stopped working, along with my interior lights. From reading about your cars symptoms it seems like the convienience unit is not faulty, however I can't really suggest what is, sorry mate :-(

ok cheers guys. i'm pretty convinced now that when i remove the door card tomorrow and unplug the connector off the window motor i will find some corroded/broke wires and this will be the problem!! hopefully................

well what can i say, upon removing the plug from the window motor, there was indeed corrosion to a couple of the pins and one had broken off!

happy i've found the problem, i'll be on the lookout for a decent door loom and window motor/control unit, or if i'm brave i might have a stab at trying to replace the pin, which should be interesting!

yet again, another problem solved quickly with the expertise of this great forum! cheers guys :kiss: