What key fobs do VRS owners have?

vworks41

I have a Yreg 01 VRS and have just the normal key fobs, but my mate who has the same car but 6months newer has the flip keys.

Is this normal for the an eairly models? what do other owners have?? normal or flip.

Thanks.

None vrs for me (Elegance), on a 2001Y, I have normal keys, but looking through my invoices I believe my locks were changed at somepoint.

Edited by mbames

I just want to find out if this normal for an eairly vrs or if the keys have been changed at some point.

Its just i've been having problems with them, ones completely dead and the other has a very weak signal.

Mine is an 02 plate and I have 2 flip keys.

Could be an issue with the CCM if you've already tried replacing the batteries. Had a similar thing with a previous mk4 Golf, replaced batteries but remote locking was intermittent.

Yeah could be the CCM but thats the last thing i'm going to check. I have lots of little problems at the moment and trying to eliminate things one at a time.

Does any one know if a key fob can fail causing a weak signal?

Yes, I have a spare key with a signal so weak, it only opens the car if I stand right next to the car. Fob has new batteries, has been through the matching process and lights up the red lamp on the fob. It just has no range so I use it as a spare now.