Not low enough?!

DanHam

I have FK coilovers, now they are all the way down on the front and about 17 turns left to go on the rear!

It makes it look like this....

Untitled-17.jpg

Untitled-16.jpg

415740D0-2A45-456C-8000-46625A5868DC-4431-000003ECA9060444.jpg

0ED9DA1B-6935-42BA-BB95-998A22526350-3972-0000034D13EDEC5E.jpg

I want it to be lower, some of you guys on here are a lot lower than me and still have more threads to go.

I'm thinking about changing to 195 tyres and maybe 10/15mm spacers soon. Is it going to look stupid? Just want it a bit lower on the front! 10mm would be nice.

Coilies have been fitted about 6 weeks so plenty of time to settle!

Looks ok to me bud. Got to say I'm not feeling the rear light clusters though.

It's really bugging me lol! Think maybe spacers me help a little.

Had to do something with the rear to make it darker as it was doing my head in. When the windows are tinted in going to tint them all red instead.

Cheapest quote I've had for the rear windows is £160!

think its to do with the brand,mine has the opposite problem. . I've got adjusters out at back and still loads of thread up front,altho in corners i can get the.fronts scrubbing so its low enough. . .

a mate of mine with a fab on ap coilis has same problem as you. . wound down all way at front but still loads on the back :-\. .

to get it perfect sounds like you'd have to mix parts from different kits or make the best of what you have. :-)

spacing would make it look better,the standard wheels are far too inbound. haha.

205/40/17 of fks

photo-1.jpg

Think 17s could be the best way of getting it looking decent. I know of some nice 17s going for sale. I quite like the seat Cupra ones though!

De-handled looks cool btw!

think its to do with the brand,mine has the opposite problem. . I've got adjusters out at back and still loads of thread up front,altho in corners i can get the.fronts scrubbing so its low enough. . .

a mate of mine with a fab on ap coilis has same problem as you. . wound down all way at front but still loads on the back :-\. .

to get it perfect sounds like you'd have to mix parts from different kits or make the best of what you have. :-)

spacing would make it look better,the standard wheels are far too inbound. haha.

What kit have you got mate? I'm tempted to buy another kit just for the front coils lol!

Do you know how much spacing I could run without scrapping? Taking into consideration I'll probably get 195 tyres. I think tyres play a big part, I had a MK5 fiesta previously and it had 195/50/15s on it, I wasn't happy at all with the way it looked, changed brand of tyres and it lOoked awesome! Really surprised at the difference it made!

I've got weitec hicon gts mate. . .

it'd be better go change tires then you can see how much room you have for spacing. . .

I've got 8.5j et25 rear wheels with 195/40/17s on. . so lots of poke and stretch. . and i can still run 10mm spacers too :-D

I've got weitec hicon gts mate. . .

it'd be better go change tires then you can see how much room you have for spacing. . .

I've got 8.5j et25 rear wheels with 195/40/17s on. . so lots of poke and stretch. . and i can still run 10mm spacers too :-D

I've been tempted to buy some JOMs just for the front ones! Then sell the rears with my front ones :)

Yeh mate I'll be doing that, going to see about these 17" wheels though I think!

Sounds wide! Got any pics?

i have fk's and i took the helper springs out of the front

**** me what a gorgeous car! That's how low I want to be! How much room you got before you bottom out? How's the ride without the helpers? What are they actually there for? Can you still adjust them up if they are too low without the helpers?

Sorry for the questions!

got about 2 inch before i bottem out it rides ok for how it is they stop the mane spring coming loose when you jack the car up and ye you just adjust them as normal

Ahh quite low then! How do you get around the spring not coming loose when you jack it up?

Backs are all the way down and fronts half way in 205/40/17 been thinking about spacers but it runs a lil as it is (with a full car) and I need to get the front arches rolled as if i hit a large bump whilst travelling the front arches scrape :(

b77b07f9.jpg

Wait for suspension to settle, I put mine at an acceptable level, now after 6 months use my car scrapes the sump even along what appear to be flat roads. My arches have also been worn out. I will raise the suspension up this weekend as its got redicusly low however no speed bump has stopped me yet!!!

IMG_20120512_175312.jpg

Is beautiful!!!!

Remove those bump strips, fit a smaller radio antenna and you have it down to a tee!

What alloys are those?

haha thanks man,its got a smaller Ariel on it since the photo was taken,i like the bump strips to break up the yellow a bit and match in with the wheels. . .

there lenso bsx's 17x7.5f/8.5r :-)

new wheels next year for show season hopefully tho.