Mk2 Jetta Gti 16v - Vr6 Convertion

vRSsunroof

Awesome work :thumbup: Is it bad that as I was scrolling through the first post the first thing I thought was that's a mini washer bottle! At that angle I wouldn't fill it too full as they love to spill out the lid. Should be a beast when complete :) oh and the wheels :wub:

Jetta has taken a little back burner just got my hands on an octy vrs as a daily and the evenings are getting shorter so might not move on as quickly now.

Have done rear wheel bearings and discs, new rest calipers just need to pop the pads in and bleed them through but light is against me.

Think this really is more for next year now. When the weather is a little nicer.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

borbets are one of my fav old school wheels, had a set on my mk2 for a while.

239s are terrible, my 256s on my mk2 are awesome however, i do have some g60s to go on, but not sure whether to just sell em on, and get some of the girling 2 pots, or go straight for some wilwood four pots. Think thats probably what i will do, as g60s wont go under my mims due to the deep dish:<

nice project, btw, just waiting for my registration on our forum so i can check out the build thread properly.

borbets are one of my fav old school wheels, had a set on my mk2 for a while.

239s are terrible, my 256s on my mk2 are awesome however, i do have some g60s to go on, but not sure whether to just sell em on, and get some of the girling 2 pots, or go straight for some wilwood four pots. Think thats probably what i will do, as g60s wont go under my mims due to the deep dish:<

nice project, btw, just waiting for my registration on our forum so i can check out the build thread properly.

One of the Guys has 256 Willwoods on his mk2 rocco, they are Fantastic brakes, look the nuts too.

Are you trying to Sign up as OET? if so i can chase it up as they have had a few reg problems recently. will drop them a PM for you.

One of the Guys has 256 Willwoods on his mk2 rocco, they are Fantastic brakes, look the nuts too.

Are you trying to Sign up as OET? if so i can chase it up as they have had a few reg problems recently. will drop them a PM for you.

yes thats what i was thinking, 256s with wilwood, then i can sell on my g60 setup complete, shame as the discs and pads are all new, but i guess i would rather keep my wheels than change to fit the 280s.

yes registered as Oet, but nothing has come through that i can see, will check again, thanks for offering to help, a pm to admin would be great:>

• 4 weeks later...

Updates?!

Not many needed mate. She is just ready for the MOT now, Which i need the ££ to move her to the center and then pay for the Tax&insurance.

Only real updates, The air in the brakes seemd to be an air locked M/C, I bleed the M/C and i seem to have brakes back.

Did a little more work on the bumper, The Std mk2 indicators fit to the bumper skin so it made the quick release fuction a little awkward due to faffing with plugs, To save this went and bought mk1/Small bumper units ans mounted them to the bumper irons.

The the large hole in the bumper was covered with Grille mesh jsut to tidy it up a little, i really like the outcome:

20130602_132722_zps0df92f1d.jpg

Did a little paint work on the engine cover:

20130601_124518_zps7a413244.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give you an idea of the indicators

Off:

20130608_101311_zpsba1c973c.jpg?t=1371817448

On:

20130608_101314_zpsb6e256da.jpg?t=1371817426

Dont know if Mr MOT man will like how bright they are, But some mods will fix if the are too dull.

also managed to get a cheeky badge for it:

20130608_095832_zpsc2552b93.jpg?t=1371817471

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Failed on 3 things...... :'(

1. Drivers side headlight no main beam

2. Drivers side rear door wont open

3. No Cat fitted.

Then it passed as when we went to pick it up we called the tester an idiot.

1. Replaced the bulb

2. Didnt pull the handle hard enough

3. Its a 1988...... No Cat Needed

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Its was fantastic!

Tried fitting the radio and realised the fuse had blown.

These auto ajust clutch cables are crap!

Still getting the ride height setup so it sits nice

Need to get it tracked up after that

Got a random Oil light problem, Its not low or high oil pressure as when i unplug the sensors it still messes around. slight flickering with the revs, Going to test my mates clocks tonight as i think its the clocks.

Pics of the bits done to follow.

• Like 2

Well, Another 'Problem'

Looks like the voltage reg has died on the alt :( Its charging at 17v+

Got the alt off last night to have a look and it looks like the rest of it is fine, Its just the reg.

Now got a bit of a parts race going on.

Ebay found me an altinator of a VR6 corrado, The guy has said its being collected today on a 48h.

I ordered a repalcement reg thismorning which i have been told is being shipped today on a Collect+ service.

The Big question is, Will i be getting my car back on Friday evening?

And which alt will i be fitting? (my fixed old one or the scrappy one)

After noone won the parts race i ended up finding someone local with a VR alt i was able to steal the Reg out of.

Replaced the Reg and she is all working again.

Had a bit of susspension ajustment/Tracking ajustment over the weekend and she is all back up and running :)

I think the old reg has damaged the battery as its a little weak starting in the morning so that is next on the list for replacement, Need to go shop for a head to matrix hose as its leaking and not helping but these teething problems are expected not hard fixes just monet consuming ones :(

Not yet, But looking at the Joms range it looks like the VR and the Mk2 Setup are actually the same.... which is weird..... Both have the fronts rated to 980Kg

Since leveling the car out its starting to handle a lot better, so i think bigger roll bars may be on the cards after the 'Niggles' Are sorted.

AKA - Coolant hose and battery.

Coolant hose is done, Took my time last night, drained the black coolant out changed the pipe and topped her back up, Done her the world of good.

Takes less time to warm up, and seems to run a little better too..... the battery is really starting to struggle so might have to raise that up the list a bit, soon that is.

on the hunt for a Corrado/Passat pedal box to convert to Hydro so i can then fit a mk4 golf shifter tower and selecter, Less throw and more short shift options (ie. TT weight)

Had a new Aux belt and tensioner turn up today so before my local meet i will be boshing those bad boys on. :) 20 min job

easy mate, just take all the mk4 shifter setup.

so:

Shifter + Cables

shifter tower out of gearbox

Fit the tower into the box in place of the mk3 one, Fit the shifter to the tunnel. Job done.

the TT weight is a shorter through than std so a TT tower is better but you can replace that with.

Link:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3344454-02J-Shift-Box-Cables-and-Shift-Tower-retrofit-into-onto-an-02A..lots-of-pics