TURKEY

seboni121

They used to charge an"entry" fee of £20 sterling for each person as soon as you step off the plane!

I don't know if they still do, but check it out.

Also on a personal note, don't eat any Unidentified meat being cooked on a hot brick by some old women no matter how many beers you've had and how nice it looks...........

They used to charge an"entry" fee of £20 sterling for each person as soon as you step off the plane!

I don't know if they still do, but check it out.

Also on a personal note, don't eat any Unidentified meat being cooked on a hot brick by some old women no matter how many beers you've had and how nice it looks...........

£10 sterling visa thingy, aye no alcohol

It was lovely there. Tbh apart from a handful of people I regret to say it but I hated being out of the confines of the hotel!! Soon as you left we were pounced on by blokes from restaurants / bars / shops / excursions. So bloody annoying. I'd like to go back but I doubt I will purely down to this.

Stay away from the markets!! Some bloke took my sunglasses and wouldn't give them back unless I bought something so some other Turkish bloke got them for me lol. I also had some bloke chase me as I wouldn't buy a fake leather belt for 5 lira.

You needn't take much lira (incase you don't spend it) you can change money everywhere but they normally prefer English anyhow.

I hope you've gone all inclusive. I think the beer I drank all week was 'Pilsen' took a fair few pints to get me ****ed though!

My sister in law has an apartment approx 40 mins away in calis( pronunced chalish).

From hisaronu, you you caj jump on the local Dolmus ( shared taxi) to either the nearest main town of Fethiye & to the beach of Olu Deniz, you will pay approx 1 lire to Olu & 2.5 to Fethiye.

You really must try some of the proper turkish restaurants in Fethiye, the adana kebabs made there are really nice & spicy.

If you only want english bars & food then you need never leave hisaronu, but you will be missing lots.

It was lovely there. Tbh apart from a handful of people I regret to say it but I hated being out of the confines of the hotel!! Soon as you left we were pounced on by blokes from restaurants / bars / shops / excursions. So bloody annoying. I'd like to go back but I doubt I will purely down to this.

Stay away from the markets!! Some bloke took my sunglasses and wouldn't give them back unless I bought something so some other Turkish bloke got them for me lol. I also had some bloke chase me as I wouldn't buy a fake leather belt for 5 lira.

You needn't take much lira (incase you don't spend it) you can change money everywhere but they normally prefer English anyhow.

I hope you've gone all inclusive. I think the beer I drank all week was 'Pilsen' took a fair few pints to get me ****ed though!

Half board and teatoteler so that's not a issue , and a stare and bwc off works in any language, oh I have an ace up my sleeve " he will go English " then I will go " cymro ydwi ddim yn dallt seasneg " that will shut him up

My sister in law has an apartment approx 40 mins away in calis( pronunced chalish).

From hisaronu, you you caj jump on the local Dolmus ( shared taxi) to either the nearest main town of Fethiye & to the beach of Olu Deniz, you will pay approx 1 lire to Olu & 2.5 to Fethiye.

You really must try some of the proper turkish restaurants in Fethiye, the adana kebabs made there are really nice & spicy.

If you only want english bars & food then you need never leave hisaronu, but you will be missing lots.

I'm one of these people " if its breathed " I will eat it , I'm up for anything thank you for reply ;)

Edited by seboni121

Half board and teatoteler so that's not a issue , and a stare and bwc off works in any language, oh I have an ace up my sleeve " he will go English " then I will go " cymro ydwi ddim yn dallt seasneg " that will shut him up

Haha I never thought to use my welsh language. Being the only welsh in my group I couldn't have lasted long. I also found that wearing really dark sunglasses helped :)

Maybe its just me out of my comfort zone. I've previously been to Magaluf twice and that was so full of British people that it was like being back home :D

Haha I never thought to use my welsh language. Being the only welsh in my group I couldn't have lasted long. I also found that wearing really dark sunglasses helped :)

Maybe its just me out of my comfort zone. I've previously been to Magaluf twice and that was so full of British people that it was like being back home :D

Haha thanks dan

I tried that a spawny git spoke welsh. They ain't daft out there !!

• Like 1

I personally find that some people are really rude to the "greeters"They are just trying to earn a living. Usually a bit of banter with these guys is fun.Some of them in Calis just stop us to say Hi and chat about the football, others pester every time for our custom. I try to be jokey with them as we keep walking. There is usually someone else for them to flatter walking along.

If you go the the markets, Monday Hisoranu, (got a lovely beach towel for about£7.50)Tuesday fethiye, Sunday in Gochek or Calis do not let the traders shake your hand, they will hold on for eternity ;)

The markets are all pretty much the same. Gochek is a boat trip and not very big market, but the boats in the marina........boy there is some big money there!

Hope you get a decent exchange rate, we were getting 2.80-2.83 beginning of September. Word of warning do not use the man at the clothes shop in fethiye to exchange money. He will con you! There is a proper exchange office on the same road(same road as Migros supermarket)

The watch shop is in Fethiye old town, but there are others in Hisoranu and Olu Deniz.

Lunch in Fethiye, there is our fav Saray opposite Migros supermarket or the fish market in the old town. Buy your fish in the centre then one of the restaurants around the stalls will cook and serve with salad and bread for about five lira. We saw a dolphin and turtle in the bay when we were there.

Have a wonderful time, my tan is fading now and I am very jealous.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally find that some people are really rude to the "greeters"They are just trying to earn a living. Usually a bit of banter with these guys is fun.Some of them in Calis just stop us to say Hi and chat about the football, others pester every time for our custom. I try to be jokey with them as we keep walking. There is usually someone else for them to flatter walking along.

If you go the the markets, Monday Hisoranu, (got a lovely beach towel for about£7.50)Tuesday fethiye, Sunday in Gochek or Calis do not let the traders shake your hand, they will hold on for eternity ;)

The markets are all pretty much the same. Gochek is a boat trip and not very big market, but the boats in the marina........boy there is some big money there!

Hope you get a decent exchange rate, we were getting 2.80-2.83 beginning of September. Word of warning do not use the man at the clothes shop in fethiye to exchange money. He will con you! There is a proper exchange office on the same road(same road as Migros supermarket)

The watch shop is in Fethiye old town, but there are others in Hisoranu and Olu Deniz.

Lunch in Fethiye, there is our fav Saray opposite Migros supermarket or the fish market in the old town. Buy your fish in the centre then one of the restaurants around the stalls will cook and serve with salad and bread for about five lira. We saw a dolphin and turtle in the bay when we were there.

Have a wonderful time, my tan is fading now and I am very jealous.

Thank you for info, tan come with us then :D

Been to Olu Dinez 3 times with the wife, daughter and the outlaws. We all love this place the outlaws have been 5 times now and just back. the best place to change money there is the first shop on the right at the top of the main bar/shop area as you are looking down the hill towards the beach. avoid the money exchange at all cost, or it will cost you.