Boots pipes vrs

Ashby14

Hi all where my boost pipes link together i keep noticing them not sitting flush ive tried taking the top ones off next to the egr valve cleaning and squeezing the clips together but soon as i start the car give it a little rev they push apart slighty surly this is giving me boost leak and could this be why i can hear my turbo spooling so much :(

The full kit is around £300, or if you was just wanting to replace the metal joiners then there £20 each. (Discount price if you was after a few) Look on eBay there £24 delivered, £4 is £4 way I see it haha. I am by far the cheapest person to sell these, but you will need jubilee clips to hold new ones in place.

Also I sell the EGR metal coupling which uses a 70mm pipe £26, map sensor pipe £?? Not sure yet, EGR delete pipe £33

Let me know

Hi mate everything keeps messing up one thing after another my car spools then when the reves hit like 3000 to 5000 rpm thats where it pulls most but today it wernt pulling till like 4500 to 5000 it was rubbish ive looked at boost pipes and the one what cones off egr had come away was far from flush and then the next bit along was the same i took it all apart cleaned it as it was oily then tried making the clips tighter but with no look i revved it and out the pushed again im honestly at my whits end with it all :(

Lol asif is this a common fault

The standard clips on the pipes are crap, and wear after time.

I was loathed with paying £200 for replacement OEM pipes, so paid £2 for some screws and fixed mine permanently. They won't be coming apart again :)

Cant you just buy the clips

It's not the big C clips that are the problem.

It's the metal lugs on the outside of the metal collar that clip into the inside of the pipe you're connecting to are the bit that wear.

You can see it (just) on this pic

BoostPipe.jpg

Yeah I got Skoda to quote for replacement pipes from the EGR to the intercooler - they wanted nearly £200. Robbing gits!

SFS or Samco silicone replacements are available, but they're ~£250

I drilled out 3 holes at 120o around each collar, cleaned out the bits of swarf, then just used self tappers. I also put a blob of araldite around the each just to be sure :)