dash clock change

shugster68

Hi all,

Have just bought a set of used clocks off Ebay from a 2005 1,2 petrol car.

My car is a 2004 1.2 pre facelift model.

Are these clocks just a straightforward changeover or is there anything I should be wary of while fitting?

Cheers

You cannot just swap the clocks. The cars immobiliser is contained in there, and the new clocks will need to be paired with the engine ECU as well as all your keys needing to be coded to the immobiliser contain in the dash cluster. To do the swap, you will need the 4 digit PIN number for BOTH clusters, without them you cannot pair the immobiliser in the clocks to the ECU.

Once you have the 4 digit PIN's, a copy of VCDS can be used to swap the cluster. Before starting you must read all the adaption channels in the current clocks and its coding, otherwise you'll have dash lights on for equipment not fitted to your car that was on the donor, and likewise lights will not work for equipment on your car that was not present on the other.

• Like 1

Well it goes from bad to worse!!

Got word back from repairers that my cluster was beyond repair,Called the local Skoda dealers who qouted me £361+ vat for a new one BUT labour would come in at 3 hours costing £216!!!!

Then called the dealer who I bought the car from who qouted same price to supply but £69.90 labour.

But they had none in stock,the factory was showing no stock so it looks like they are on back order.

To say I,m gutted is the understatement of the year!! :sick: