Let the fun begin.........

P R Oban

After running various Skodas over the past 12 years i've always wanted a Yeti since it was launched, at last i've finally got there :rofl: , 140 4x4 elegance in white. Not brand new but 11months old with 7000k, including park assist and columbus. The wife decided that because of his colour and as he does things on his own (lights, wipers and parking (not tried it yet)) we must have a ghost on board, therefore she has had to name him Casper.

The main reason for wanting one appart from the reliability is like some of the other Yeti owners mine will visit various forests around the uk as i am an MSA radio/marshal. Its first trip will be this weekend over to Pickering & Scarborough for the Trackrod Rally, may not get into the forests this time as i'm assiting in other areas. The weekend after i should get to know him very well as it's over to Isle of Mull for the Mull Rally.

No mods to him yet appart from taking a direct feed from the battery to power the MSA radio, as i didn't fancy having a cable showing around the A pillar and doctoring the fuses, i have gone behind the front wing into the front passenger door area then into the footwell, only time you can tell it's there is when the door is open. Can't make my mind up if i should get a spare, i know i can count on one hand the total amount of punctures i've had over the last 12 years but what happens if....... especially when i'm in the middle of a forest, Skoda assist won't help me there. Also wouldn't mind doing some VCDS changes especially the KPH change, see how we get on after the next few weeks.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, some really usefull info :clap:

• Like 1

10-4 rubber duck someone showing their age there.

I've done CB in the long distant past, but now much more grown up with call sign G7TOG.

"keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down and watch out for the smokey with the kodak" Amazing how it all comes back to you :-)