SKODA announces prices for all-new Rapid hatchback

ColinD

I can't imagine the normally aspirated 1.2 Rapid will be much fun to drive with only 75bhp, the car looks a pretty hefty size. Looks good though.

It's quite light and aerodynamic which actually makes it faster than the Fabia with the same engine.

Pricing nothing to get excited about just over £15K for a midrange 105 1.2. That is about the same price as the Ford Focus in 100 ps 1.0 ecoboost spec and that car is a very good drive in terms of handling. i won't pass judgment until i have driven one but it looks long, high and narrow like the Fabia so will not expect great things in terms of handling. I really want to like it though so we will see.

Let's hope it will get the VAT free offer at some point but not holding my breath.

:)

Edited by Matt Bodycombe