Front bumper removal

Ashby14

I took the bumper off my vrs a while ago to fit my lcr splitter but where it clips in on the sides to form part of the wheel arch they stick out a tiny bit since I refitted the bumper, which it didn't do before, they are fully clipped in. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to make it flush with the front quarter again?

Thanks, Rhys

Its the top screw in the inner arch by the sound of it, take it out and make sure you have the plastic the right way around. Its hard to describe but i think its bumper side/ body coloured against the screw. Just ordered my lcr splitter today!

Thanks Pete, will check it soon. I need to order a new splitter already as it got munched in the camping field at Edition 38 this year and then was grinding away against the motorway on the way home, it's less than 3 months old :(

• 1 year later...

Sorry to jump an old thread, but most appropriate asking here.....

Currently in the middle of removing the bumper, have removed all the torx screws but have 3 of these little black things underneath the radiator, which seems to be attached..... do I need to snap these off to free the bumper?

5AA2B4E7-DDFF-4624-817C-51C10796E80B_zps

Sorry to jump an old thread, but most appropriate asking here.....

Currently in the middle of removing the bumper, have removed all the torx screws but have 3 of these little black things underneath the radiator, which seems to be attached..... do I need to snap these off to free the bumper?

5AA2B4E7-DDFF-4624-817C-51C10796E80B_zps

Jay, if they're what I think they are push the centre pin up with a small phillips screwdriver. No idea how they are refitted so I never bothered and had no problems :D

• Like 1

As lee said push the centres in then you can pry them out with a flat head. To refit pop them back in with out the centres and then push the centres back in flush to lock them in place.

ah, so that's how you refit them. I have no idea what happened to mine :D