Control System for Exhaust Warning Light

Skoda Assistance guy has just been, he ran a diagnostic and identified the exhaust sensor.

He turned off the warning light and gave us a piece of paper with fault code for me to hand into Skoda when the service is done.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the car in for a service and showed them the error report written by the RAC man.

When picking up the car they said they could not change the sensor because the RAC man had cleared the fault.

If it happens again then I should bring it into the dealers to diagnose.

I would have thought ŠKODA Roadside Assistance (RAC) would have a system a place where a fault is diagnosed roadside it would automatically be sent to vw where any dealer could pick it up.

I guess not. :wall:

The fault has gone for now but as soon as it starts again I will be over to the dealer asap.

I hope it juts doesn't go into limp home mode while driving on the outside lane of the motorway tho.

So always tell ŠKODA Roadside Assistance not to clear down any fault codes.

Edited by Lucky_Lou

I guess people dont appriciate what it really takes to get things done through warranty.

The car market seems to treat breakdowns different to commercials. (Ie use of RAC by skoda assist)

And this seems to be the issue with this breakdown imo, Skoda Assit have done thier upmost to keep you on the raod, but unless the fault re-occurs the dealer cant change parts with out evidence, sadly a piece of paper stateing a code isnt going to cut it.

Now had this been a truck or van, the breakdown would of been attended by a dealer, so any code reading print offs etc would go to the dealer as part of the breakdown and add to the evidence for a warranty claim, sadly it appears there is a missing link between Skoda assit(RAC) and Skodas dealer network

I agree, CRASH67 - something missing in the link! I'm aware of the need for a dealer (I believe only a franchisee, not actually owned by Skoda) to provide hard evidence in order for them to be reimbursed for the parts and labour, yet it doesn't seem the realms of fantasy that a service (I assume) manufacturer supplied (i.e. Skoda Assist) would have the ability to add 2 and 2 together - saving an hour of workshop time...

It appears not..

The skoda assist operator should have read the fault codes, and decided that it was minor (which it is) and simply left you the printout but not erased the code. You could have driven quiet happily until the service with the light on without any undue consequences. The code needs to be present at the dealer, since their diagnostic tool is online to skoda HQ and will process the warranty replacement automatically.