Black Smoke remap

Had ago remapping my fabia vrs this morning. Went to black smoke download the correct map for my ecu. Made a copy of the original and saved it. Upload new map. Went for a drive.

What a difference it makes. I bought the 165bhp map and its brilliant.

• Like 1

Any smoke on Full acceleration?

Any noticeable difference in mpg?

and is it smooth or is it a spiked delivery?

No smoke what so ever, not to sure about mpg yet only went up the road.

its smooth all the way. Im very happy with it.

Just had a look on there website looks good!!

Are these remaps easy to do? What equipment is required to do it other than the remap files?

Cheers :)

Carl

They are good. It took me 10mins to remap.

I used kwp2000 plus. Cost me about £10 couple of years ago. downloaded the software for that.

I read my ecu and its didnt work. So i removed fuses 11 and 15(i read this somewhere) And it worked read it, saved a copy of the file.

Made sure i got the right remap from black smoke.

Paid for it and got an email with a download.

uploaded it to the ecu, put fuses back and started car. job done

I can echo that. Andrew is very helpful too if you need any support off him. Knowledgable guy .

I too have the 165 bhp map and the economy is excellent. Get on the motorway and bung it in 6th and it achieves about 59 mpg around 70-75

Cant be exact without dyno run, people I have spoke to quoted just under 300pound.

Can only say how it drives and it does have plenty of torque. I have tried a different map on mine that was a higher bhp and have gone back to the blacksmoke map because it produced better torque.

I'm tempted by the 165 bhp map to, seems like it could be a safer bet than the harsher awesome map.

What logs would you recommend to be carried out to ensure everything is in working order before buying a map?

I'm tempted by the 165 bhp map to, seems like it could be a safer bet than the harsher awesome map.

What logs would you recommend to be carried out to ensure everything is in working order before buying a map?

log 3, 8 and 11 will be ok, channel 11 being the important one after the map. No point in logging channel 8 after the remap as the black smoke file has decalibrated injector maps :think:, what I would class as dirty tuning, but it works. Edited by bondi

On the ecu are a number of duration maps. These maps are calibration maps. They tell how long to keep the injectors open per crank degrees to meet a requested IQ (injection quantity)

So if you request 40mg the injectors have to stay open for x amount of degrees.

Now these maps in a stock ecu only go upto 60mg (pd160 goes to 65). Some mappers alter these calibrations so they stay open for longer. Result when the ecu requests 40mg you actually get more depending on how much it's increased. This also has an effect other maps are they work of IQ. First that springs to mind is the start if injection maps (timing)