New headunit in MK1 Vrs

I'm looking to stick a new headunit into my MK1 Fabia Vrs. I have not looked at headunits in about ten years when I put a Mini-Disc headunit in my 306!

I need something that will take an iPod connection and I think £150ish tops. Does anyone have any recomendations?

Cheers

Edited by Craig01

Do you still need the use of cd's as you can just get hu now without a cd mechanism and a few you can slot you iPod I to it so no extra leads

What ever you choose. You will need the following

Swop red and yellow wires over in stereo loom.

Facia piece buy this from skoda it's only £3 ish and fits correctly

Inline aerial booster about £6 eBay.

i like alpine and pioneer stuff, they do lots with bluetooth in so you can use as a handsfree phone kit too, worth getting a usb conenctor too, as beats the need to stream from your phone media content.

• 3 weeks later...

Alpine are the way forward in my opinion ive always used them its abit like a fetish :) but there a quite a few units available with everything you would like and in budget.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alp-cde133bt-alpine-cde-133bt.html

What do you think to that one ?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a old alpine headunit a few years back and it was a fantastic bit of kit, wish i hadnt sold it with car.

Have a budget pioneer unit now bought from car audio direct for 50 quid about 4 years ago and its been in 3 different cars and its just starting to play up abit now but for money i have no complaints.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just fitted a Sony car CD player to mine.

It fitted straight in but there's 3 connectors that I took out of the skoda unit.

2 were the standard connectors.

The 3rd had 2 wires to it (purple and yellow???)

Now the head unit only works when the ignition is on. And it loses my radio presets when I turn it off

Any ideas?