VW Taigun

My_Yeti

Based on the Up!, but with longer wheelbase, apparently Skoda and Seat are going to get their own version.

VW version est to cost around 12k...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/60885/vw-taigun-revealed

Apart from the name, I cannot really fault it. (think Taguin would be better - considering Tiguan is a combination of Tiger and Iguana, the Taguin could be Tapir and Penguin...)

If no 4x4 then i wont be interested. I simply refuse to buy an suv / 4x4 type of vehicle with 2wd. Goes against my principles.(defender owner) Surley a simple fiat panda 4x4 type of version could be introduced cheapily, that would do. The amount of haldex experience and tech at VAG's disposal makes this descison not to have a 4x4 version daft as they are simply denying them sales. 4x4 maybe the minority choice, who knows, but it totally rules it out for me so thats one customer they have potentally lost. I reaaly liked the idea of the juke untill i discovered i couldnt get a 4x4 version unless i had the expensive top of the range petrol version. Thats why i really like the yeti and especially the duster.

The only thing stopping me getting a 4x4 vehicle this time round was that the missus already has a Rav 4 so i couldnt justify two of the same type of vehicle in the household.

• Like 1

Will probably be looking at a cheap 4x4 of some sort myself next time now SWMBO has a beemer. We'll need at least one car that'll move in winter.

I thought this might have been it but no just another looky-likey.

If no 4x4 then i wont be interested. I simply refuse to buy an suv / 4x4 type of vehicle with 2wd. Goes against my principles.(defender owner) Surley a simple fiat panda 4x4 type of version could be introduced cheapily, that would do. The amount of haldex experience and tech at VAG's disposal makes this descison not to have a 4x4 version daft as they are simply denying them sales. 4x4 maybe the minority choice, who knows, but it totally rules it out for me so thats one customer they have potentally lost. I reaaly liked the idea of the juke untill i discovered i couldnt get a 4x4 version unless i had the expensive top of the range petrol version. Thats why i really like the yeti and especially the duster.

The only thing stopping me getting a 4x4 vehicle this time round was that the missus already has a Rav 4 so i couldnt justify two of the same type of vehicle in the household.

Just wait a few years, they'll probably put an electric motor in each rear hub.

I also would never buy such a vehicle, but I can see the place for them.

Just wait a few years, they'll probably put an electric motor in each rear hub.

I also would never buy such a vehicle, but I can see the place for them.

I do see a place for them but its just not for me. The electric rear hub thing is something i really like. I wish peugeot had done it better. They stuffed it all up with a terrible gearbox otherwise their set up was really good IMO. Basically a good diesel engine front drive car with electric rear wheel drive for either running car efficiently in town or for 4wd in slippy conditions but this would all be "on demand" 4wd so not as wasteful as full time 4x4. I would spec this in any car in a heartbeat but the stupid automated manual gearbox is a total own goal. Could they not have at least implemented a CVT gearbox??

• Like 1