Trick or Treat Guidelines

GentleGiant

Had a good selection of "guysers" last night. We made a couple of jock o lanterns / pumpkin heads and put them out to show we were happy to have them come to the door. Most were very funny. The best by far was a group of 5 young boys. 4 of them had typical halloween costumes on and told actually quite funny jokes. The 5th had his bagpipes. he played flower of scotland quite well, a few bum notes, but pretty good for a wee boy. While he was playing his mates danced "gangdam" style to the pipes. I was in stitches. Gave them heaps of sweats as a reward. They all ran away saying that wa the best house yet. Great fun. But im glad its only once a year.

We don't get them luckly, first couple of years living here we did buy a couple of multipacks of treat size chocolate bars but don't bother anymore as we never get anybody knock our door at halloween. Anyway we always have plenty of dog treats in the house so would simply offer them some fish treats lol, then accidentally let the dog out. LMAO

My lass put some pumpkins out front and bought some sweets to give out to whoever came, doorbell was going steadily from 6pm which was the younger kids until about 7.30pm when the older ones started coming, so we blew the candles out of the pumpkins and sat down for our tea. Doorbell rang when we were dishing up so we missed it, so they decided to throw our pumpkins over the garden and run away. Little scrotes. She doesnt want to do it next year now and im not risking putting out pumpkins for them to be thrown around near our cars. Bit of a shame because it ruins it for the little ones who make an effort

• Like 1

My lass put some pumpkins out front and bought some sweets to give out to whoever came, doorbell was going steadily from 6pm which was the younger kids until about 7.30pm when the older ones started coming, so we blew the candles out of the pumpkins and sat down for our tea. Doorbell rang when we were dishing up so we missed it, so they decided to throw our pumpkins over the garden and run away. Little scrotes. She doesnt want to do it next year now and im not risking putting out pumpkins for them to be thrown around near our cars. Bit of a shame because it ruins it for the little ones who make an effort

It is a shame as you say as its something nice for the younger kids to enjoy, exactly why I would never encourage people to come to our door though not keen on the whole idea of it anyway but when you have older kids doing it then I find it plain out of order.