What car review of the new Octavia 3

Interesting, think I'll reserve judgement until full production models are tested.

It’s just a pity rear visibility isn’t as good as it is in the Golf due to the Octavia’s sloping rear screen and notchback styling
- Like the current Octavia is any different? You can't compare a Golf to an Octavia in this respect.

Real shame the throttle pedal is no longer floor pivoting. I really liked that.

skoc11_508ffb7c04773.jpg

I wonder does this mean it is no longer "drive by wire"

More cost cutting??

Well spotted Sir.

It's certainly looking interesting enough, but as usual we'll need to wait and see the finished product and prices.

I think they really need to make quite a jump in economy/emissions to make company car buyers tempted.

Initial thoughts? Nice refinement of the dash, but too many subtle changes that I don't care about and externally.....hmmmm....it'll probably grow on me. Its a big car though!

IMO the Rapid shouldn't have been made, then the Octy wouldn't have to have been made even bigger.

The next Mazda 3 seems good but it doesn't look any bigger than the current one which has poor rear legroom and a small boot.

Have always had estates, so will wait until one comes out. But it will need to have really significant improvements to make me want to trade in my 2006 L&K 2.0 TDi estate, which I bought with all the bells and whistles and designed to last at least 10 years (all options ticked except front parking sensors - for goodness sake, if you don't know where your bonnet is...) So will probably wait until the Octy 4....

I might be wrong, I usually am, but it does look to me that the new Octy has the old current badges on front and rear.

What's going on, even the Rapid has the much admired new badges.

Does this indicate a more up market presentation for the Octy 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IMO the Rapid shouldn't have been made, then the Octy wouldn't have to have been made even bigger.

The next Mazda 3 seems good but it doesn't look any bigger than the current one which has poor rear legroom and a small boot.

I had the Mk1 MPS Mazda 3 before my Octy. The rear legroom wasn't a problem - roughly the same as everything else that size (e.g. the Golf/Leon/Focus). The boot is 350 litres which again I think is average... I suppose it's all relative, the reason I changed to the Octy was because I have a 1 year old with another one on the way and I needed the extra space. How big is the boot going to be on the Octy 3? :o