vRS19TD's Fabia vRS

vRS19TD

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Easy job getting the panels off etc? Thinking of upgrading the speakers in mine.

If you have the correct tools should your door cards have clips, yes, otherwise you've got to use a screwdriver, risk scratching your paint and then tug on them and break the clips. Even the correct tool doesn't guarantee the clip won't break but it is easier.

The speakers were stuck on with rivets as well, so be prepared to drill them and replace with new rivets or just use bolts as we did.

Do the Mk2 speakers need Golf or mdf adaptors like the Mk1 does??

If you have the correct tools should your door cards have clips, yes, otherwise you've got to use a screwdriver, risk scratching your paint and then tug on them and break the clips. Even the correct tool doesn't guarantee the clip won't break but it is easier.

Do the Mk2 speakers need Golf or mdf adaptors like the Mk1 does??

Okay will have to have a look, and i'm not too sure tbh.

• 1 month later...

They look awesome mate. What did you do with the drl headlights?

Did you still have the manual adjusters that came with them?

Still got the drl headlights and trying to decide whether to keep them or sell them.

I know you're after the manual adjusters but i want to keep hold of them until i know what i'm doing. Though, the xenons have got manual adjusters as well, so if i can source some motors and those adjusters fit the drl headlights, then i'll give you a heads up. :thumbup:

Got to say, much prefer the new lights :)

How you finding the speakers? I assume you're powering them from the head unit rather than an amp?

I liked the darkness of the old lights as you look at them but definitely prefer the look of the new ones as well. :thumbup:

Speakers are awesome. I'm powering it from a Sony head unit and finding the quality to be great. Going to start looking to see which speakers to get for the rear next. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A little update: Splitter back on straight, hopefully it stays that way and yellow lamin-x removed from front fog lights and clear stuff put on in its place.

Best picture i could get last night:

8C37D71C-3DA0-4F82-92FE-96D976F7EC62.jpg

Edited by vRS19TD
  • Like 3