Internal lights

thedinger

As per previous post, just taken delivery of new 170 Elegance, pretty well loaded. As it has a "Velux" roof, the central overhead console contains the control, so the downward projecting led lights have been deleted to make way for it. Great pity, as the illumination onto the gearstick area was much liked & meant less fumbling about in the dark looking for odd coins needed for tolls & the general odds & sods that accumulated thereabouts. Also, the extra lighting didn't interfere with night-time driving, obviously designed as such, in fact I considered it a safety enhancement as less time spent rooting about looking for stuff & more time doing what drivers are supposed to be doing.

Anyone know if they can be retro-fitted or not possible due to roof control?

Cheers the noo.

Edit: thanks for the feedback, soccerc is quite different to mine, which is more like aerofurb's. must be a country/market difference.

Aerofurb, can you tell me what are the two small dots just ahead of the light switches? I have them on mine (Elegance 170, 2012 MY 62 plate), but can't find any mention in the manual.

Cheers the noo,

thedinger

Edited by thedinger

TIBET I was MY10 and TIBET II is MY13 both had/have the following roof panel (CR170 Elegance UK spec):

201002050067.jpg

The question of 'where are my cat's eyes' has come up a number of times over the years. If I remember correctly, the roof control panel differs from model to model and country to country depending on alarm installation and light sensor. It is also fitted on various VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat models.

With the UK Elegance models, the light sensor is mounted on the screen behind (in front?!) of the rear view mirror. This moves the mirror aft and the cat's eyes would shine straight down on it - so no lights. :'(

There are at least two types of roof console fitted - my 'new' TIBET has exactly the same one fitted as the 'old' one. Did it have something to do with the type of alarm fitted - sensors in the console?

(PS Looks like ImageShack isn't playing so my pic above has gone AWOL for the time being)

Edited by aerofurb

There are at least two types of roof console fitted - my 'new' TIBET has exactly the same one fitted as the 'old' one. Did it have something to do with the type of alarm fitted - sensors in the console?

(PS Looks like ImageShack isn't playing so my pic above has gone AWOL for the time being)

I think you hit the nail on the head. Id' wager you only get the LED lights WITH a sunroof if you DON'T have an alarm. I think the alarm as an option in Ireland. Soccerc can confirm if he has an alarm or not but I suspect he won't have the alarm eyes...