Screenwash?

Hyeung

Do people fill it up very often?

I've not had to fill any of my cars up in the last eight to ten years.

The amount put in at hte service has seen it through to the next one!

Wow - how many miles do you do? I suppose it might be the difference between city and country driving but I have to fill mine 2 or 3 times a year.

Wow - how many miles do you do? I suppose it might be the difference between city and country driving but I have to fill mine 2 or 3 times a year.

Wow - I fill mine once a month and that's for screen washing only (headlamp wash is neutralised).

I barely have a journey go by without using it.

I've had the car 8 months and done 14,000 miles roughly.

Think I've used the wash/wipe less than half a dozen times.

I've used it more times than that this week alone! 5000 miles and have refilled it twice already.

This year seems to be an exception though, as I could almost go a full year with what the dealer put in the Octy at service time. Part of the reason the second lot has gone so quick is that it was useless stuff (cheapo garage stuff). Refilled with some Halfords advanced and that's equally poor. Popped into Lidl this morning for some of their -60 fanjet-friendly concentrate (£5.99 for 5 litres) and will see how that gets on. The proper VAG stuff is excellent, so I'm hoping the Lidl version will be a closer match in performance to that.

The handbook states the Yeti dietary requirement is the genuine VAG stuff, I guess some other stuff can upset them causing wiper farts :giggle:

Edited by Hairball