drop link bushes

Tam71

supplied and fitted been quoted £200 to have them changed. is this a good deal from skoda dealer or should i go to some local garages in search of a better deal

Edited by Tam71

i couldnt tell you where they are on the car mate :sweat: i think theyre at the front wheels next to the suspension. im the ilk of driver who knows how to fill it up with diesel and put oil in it when it needs topped up.

• Like 1

In that case try a few independent garages. They might do it cheaper. Might also be cheaper if you get the drop links yourself and ask them just to fit. £200 is a bit steep for two nuts on each drop link.

• Like 1

danny i think i will do that mate as i thought it was a bit steep of a price, pity you werent closer as id have bought them and gave you a ton for fitting them for me.

will check local garages for better price.

Edited by Tam71
  • Like 1

Right bud... they will have quoted for anti-roll bar bushes + possibly the bar at that price ;)

... or anti-roll bar + drop links... drop links themselves don't have bushes so it won't be drop links on there own.. they have 1 ball joint at the top + 1 ball joint at the bottom... no bushes newhere ;)

If i were u i would ring the garage + get a better description of what they are changing before ringing another garage for a quote...

Also get a breakdown of the price so u can see what they are charging u labour.. and what the parts cost ;)

• Like 1

the car is making a noise every time i change gear and also when i accelerate or decelerate from the front of the car, getting pretty annoying, i got an MOT advisory that the bushes were needing replaced so im presuming this is what is causing the clicking noise.

is this what it would sound like to any of the mechanically minded in here ?

so was the advisory drop links? or bushes? they are seperate. Drop links are just links with wee joints. Other bushes that could be at fault are wishbone bushes.

I suspect if they are changing wishbone bushes AND droplinks that would be a fair price

If you can relieve the ambiguity with some more specific part naming, we can probably help a bit more :happy:

oh and clicking on acceleration? does this happen more when wheels are turned?

Heck you aint far, bring it up to blairgowrie one day and ill have a look and even maybe do the work for ya

Edited by Lofty79

it sounds like its the rear bushes on the wishbone as i had the same problem and just changed mine. i payed £54 for powerflex bushes as no press is needed with them and if i hadnt have snapped a bolt i could have done both sides in lets just say 2 hours including jacking the car up etc and putting back down again so if your confident with diy i say buy the parts and give it ago if not try a local garage