Winter wheels, (again)

Hi all

Time to ask the clever people again.

Would a set of winter steel wheels from a 2010 Octavia estate fit my 2012 Vrs hatchback. They are 16" wheels and the tyres are 205-55x16. I am not sure of the PCD or offset but if the 2010 set up is the same as mine then I will be ok. I just need to know if it is before I buy them. :think:

Cheers

pooser

If they were fine on a 2010 Octavia they should be fine on your 2012 Octavia. 16" is the minimum you need to clear the front brake callipers. We're running 16"s as winters with no problems, and as Silver says that's the size spare that Skoda supply with a vRS. Don't forget to notify your insurance company...

Hi Guys, I have a similar question. Hoping someone can help.

I have a set of OEM Ronal 6 spoke 16" Alloys on my '08 Elegance. Annoyingly none of the vital info is stamped on the rim (unless you have to take the tyre off to see it).

The tyre size is 205/55/R16. I know I need PCD 5x112 and wheelfitment.eu says the offset is 47. I also thought the rims were J7s (from measuring the rim) until I looked at mytyres.co.uk where the offset is 47 but only on 15x6 and 16x6 rims and the offset on the 6.5 is 50. I know there's not that much difference but I'd like to get as close to possible with what I have since winter tyres fitted on my current wheels seem to work well. Does anyone have the actual measurements of these wheels?

Thanks! I was beginning to wonder. Some of the offsets on the alloy wheels which are reccomended for the Ocativia by websites seem to have pretty low offsets down to ~35.

I run an offset of 42 on my winter wheels but also use 15mm spacers on the back so I guess you could say the offset for the rears is 27 :rock: (On a 6 or 6.5j wheel I think)

Thanks, thought I had it sorted and had ordered a set of wheels from mytyres until I received their email requesting payment in advance via bank transfer. Not sure I'll be doing that.. so back to the drawing board I guess. Anyone know of any other sites which offer full wheel deals. My dealer quoted me £699 for steelies with continental tyres.

Thanks, thought I had it sorted and had ordered a set of wheels from mytyres until I received their email requesting payment in advance via bank transfer. Not sure I'll be doing that.. so back to the drawing board I guess. Anyone know of any other sites which offer full wheel deals. My dealer quoted me £699 for steelies with continental tyres.

I seem to remember paying by credit card on ordering with my tyres, is this not an option now? To be fare prepayment when purchasing on line is pretty much the norm these days.