Problem with getting chrome grille wrapped in matte black

ct110

i know there have been many topics on these forums about the chrome grille on the front of the octavia wrapped in vinyl but i was just after a bit of reassurance!!

i have a white vrs octavia fl model and wanted the chrome grille done. i was getting quotes of around £70 from most places apart from one who said £30. i went for them and ive just got it back but the quality is shocking!

ive never had anything wrapped in vinyl on any of my cars and never really seen it up close on others so could someone tell me, when it is done properly should it be perfectly smooth or does it still show small bubbles everywhere when you look close up?? the bloke who did it reckoned he does cars all the time, but this grille was very awkward and he said matte black was a hard colour to get right??!! it seemed like he was just making excuses for a poor job!

anyway in the end he gave it to me for nothing so im no worse off, but im not putting it back on the car cos i thought it would be a smooth paint like finish

so should i be reluctant to take it to one of the other garages and pay £70 for something that is just as rubbish and full of bubbles etc, or do you reckon this was just a bad experience? for the others on here who have had it done is yours good quality??

thanks

If I were paying £70 for it to be done I would want a bubble & smooth free finish.

Its the old saying you get what you pay for but I would seek re-assurance from the place doing it that they can obtain the finish you desire before you part with your cash.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

IMHO alarm bells would ring when one company comes out so much cheaper than the rest.

I would show it to one of the others and seek assurance that they can do better.

If you want advice on wrapping try pm'ing Harryvrs (I think thats his user name) as he's done the whole car.

yeh i thought it was too good to be true being cheaper than the rest but decided it was worth the gamble!......obviously not!!

i'll pm daz if youve still got one for sale. i was going to go colour coded as well and do it in white but wanted black for the new badges to stand out.

then once ive got the funds ill get the wheels done!

jonno, where i notice you live in newcastle. where did you get your grille wrapped?

i work in gateshead so if its in the north east somewhere i might give them a go if youve had no probs and it was a good job

I actually live just round the corner from Darlington so I'll try some where around that area.

I've tried a few already in the area and they all say around 70 quid which I thought was a bit much

i live near middlesbrough and paid £40 to get mine done in carbon wrap,job finish is 100%

where did you get it done at mate? im after a reliable place!

Edited by ct110