Would This Work?

M1k32102

Evening All,

after speaking to my local skoda dealer I would like remote central locking. skoda quoted me £1100 which I think is a bit excessive.

now searching ebay i found this. does anybody now if fitted it will give me remote central locking.

EBAY

Thanks

Mike

• 1 month later...

Sorry to dig this up.................

but wouldn't the comfort spec which i think is yours have centrallocking as standard........if so you have a flat key....these can be converted to flip key remotes.............80% certain

Look at this on the Audi forum....very informative....as the main remote module might be fitted......just that skoda give you a none-remote key!

http://www.vwaudifor...ral-Locking-FAQ

Also get the remotes from this bloke.........

you could go the whole hog and add a three button remote...to enable boot unlock as well!!!!

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/carkeyservice

from the bloke (Robert) himself........."within vag range all non flip key has its flip style equivalent, and

each 2 button flip has its 3 button flip equivalent."

EDIT

Just done some more digging..............you might not have the "comfort module" fitted......just check under the drivers side lower dash cover above the pedals.....large black box is what you are looking for......if not there then you need it and it might need VCDS to code it into the can gateway bus??????........not certain.

Edited by fabdavrav

Correct the comfort doesn't have it standard. I know as I bought one standard, and it was actually about £250 extra to have remote central locking included. Wouldn't bother with trying to retrofit, from what I recall from looking into it it seems like a world of pain and I read stuff about coding the dash etc.

Been through this with my wifes MKII Fabia which was only level 1 when they didn't include remote unlock either, the RClick isn't too bad a kit.

The KEY fob itself is probably the least good quality thing in the product I found which is the only reason I wouldn't rush to buy another but it hasn't disintegrated yet after over a year, just poor quality key.

You also need to either programme another transponder, or transfer one from existing key but this has to be done so carefully so as not to crack the thing.

If you are not too bad with electricals its not too hard to fit, no more difficult than an alarm.

There are many options and Rclick is the cheapest but you can also get alarms etc.

I'd personally go for one that is a bit more expensive than RClick although it does have one advantage that they offer the all in one keyfobs etc so you can transfer your blade and transponder. I think most other alarms/remote unlocks are all separate fobs.

Surely if you don't have an alarm its also an opportunity to consider that.

Something like a Clifford with keyless entry or something, certainly a lot cheaper than £1100. Maybe get you an insurance discount too ? (if properly fitted by certified person)

I bought the rclick rcl kit yesterday! Will hopefully arrive by the end of the week so will try to fit it the weekend (weather dependant) and do a write up if it helps anyone. I bought one a few years ago for my mk3 golf, to convert from standard cl to rcl. worked a treat and was good as gold the whole time I had the car. Only negative was whats already mentioned, the actual blank was thin and poor quality.

Good to know that I was correct about my "hunch" re it not having the module fitted........

If the key blanks with the rclick kit are carp why don't you just get a whole new OEM remote and swap your existing key over and transponder to a new remote?

Like I said before the bloke (Robert) over at carkey service knows his stuff....give him an email..............he sells genuine OEM remotes, full key cases etc....several members on here have used him and say hes good!

I'm just waiting for my three button remote to arrive from him..........as I am upgrading from the two button........so will have remote boot opening!!

• Like 1

I've bought a couple of used vw fobs already of the bay of E for a couple of quid a pop, so thats the plan anyway. Any key cutting service will provide and cut a decent quality blank for fitting to the fob. Will report back in when all is done. ;)

Cos he may not have the "brains" for the remote central unlocking connected to the ECU in the car, as mentioned the "comfort module". IE I don't believe its as simple as just turning on something in VAGCOM.

If it was then I would have done that for our Fabia II instead of an RClick

It doesn't bear thinking about what is involved to do this, unless the amazing Rob is prepared to get it all working for a bargain price that is lol, not just send a remote key

You no doubt already do have the right modules as you are going from 2 to 3 button....the OP probably doesn't

You are also wasting your time buying used keys from ebay....this will only provide the remote unlocking (client side) that you can use to programme to an existing comfort module present...it won't have a transponder programmable and will need either a new one fitted and programmed OR the old one carefully moved across like I mentioned.

With regard to quality of the RClick I didn't mean the key by the way ( I butchered my basic key and managed to get it in anyway). I meant the plastics etc. They are no way OEM quality.

If I recall we had one of the remotes fail already but I ported across the internals. I didn't need to order a spare yet but wasn't impressed at how soon it failed, it was like under a year.

That said the remote system is still working and cost 2/10 of f all so I guess you can't complain. They are good enough but I'd probably go for something a bit more sturdy in the same position (or avoid getting a car without RCL in the first place!)

Cos he may not have the "brains" for the remote central unlocking connected to the ECU in the car, as mentioned the "comfort module". IE I don't believe its as simple as just turning on something in VAGCOM.

If it was then I would have done that for our Fabia II instead of an RClick

It doesn't bear thinking about what is involved to do this, unless the amazing Rob is prepared to get it all working for a bargain price that is lol, not just send a remote key

You no doubt already do have the right modules as you are going from 2 to 3 button....the OP probably doesn't

You are also wasting your time buying used keys from ebay....this will only provide the remote unlocking (client side) that you can use to programme to an existing comfort module present...it won't have a transponder programmable and will need either a new one fitted and programmed OR the old one carefully moved across like I mentioned.

With regard to quality of the RClick I didn't mean the key by the way ( I butchered my basic key and managed to get it in anyway). I meant the plastics etc. They are no way OEM quality.

If I recall we had one of the remotes fail already but I ported across the internals. I didn't need to order a spare yet but wasn't impressed at how soon it failed, it was like under a year.

That said the remote system is still working and cost 2/10 of f all so I guess you can't complain. They are good enough but I'd probably go for something a bit more sturdy in the same position (or avoid getting a car without RCL in the first place!)

What I meant was that Robert is the guy you need for anything "keyside"....he even sells new oem transponder chips...for those of us who have the full VCDS to reprogramme!

As for the models...the black box in the car....then you defo either get a secondhand OEM one and get VCDS and reprogram the transponders...or get new transponders......

or for the easy option get the rclick kit.........

Though my Furby has it as standard, the Polo I had and share with my mum didn't even have central locking. If you end up with the rclick kit they're really good for the money, I put a whole central locking kit in and fitted it in a day, and to be honest,beat electrics really aren't my hot spot!

Quality of the kit, not perfect but certainly not bad, as others have said, the key lets it down. However, the chip more than likely fits in a standard vag shell, so just get one of those and transfer the insides :) also you may not need to programme a transponder, I simply pulled apart the keys and transferred them over. Soak in nail polish remover, transfer then stick down with clear nail polish. Much better than superglue and less harmful to the plastics too.