Electronics knowhow?

JLneonhug

Hi, I'm trying visualise my schematic in my head on how to do this but need some confirmation from people who knows.

I'm looking to have a circuit that does this:

When power is on, switches load 1 on for 3-5 secs.

When power is off it switches load 2 on for 3-5 secs.

In essence its to run a motor timed forward bias then in timed reverse bias to return to original position.

However there is a manual adjustment to the motor so I don't want this additional circuitry to effect the manual adjustment.

So am I looking at 2 x 555 timers (556 timer) for the on-off timing durations with npn and pnp transistors for forward and reverse polarity?

Or is there a chip which can do this already without programming?

Any help will be appreciated!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Would have been very simple if you had the choice to use Microcontroller + Stepper Motor as Kits are readily available on the net.

You will also need to consider the Quiescent Current the Timer will consume when in OFF position, which when unchecked could drain the Car Battery rather quickly (presuming the Circuit is being used on your Car).

Achieving the same using 555 as suggested by you is possible, but will only make things slightly complicated.