spare wheel

I have one in and fits 100% no problems. I have an extra Neptune and its in face down with the tool kit in middle like it should be and no damage to face of alloy and doesn't lift carpet up or anything all good.

I could be talking rubbish here so take this with a pinch of salt.

I'm sure others have reported that fitting an 18" Zenith in the spare wheel well does cause the carpet board/floor to lift in the vRS?

Could the Zenith alloy be slightly different to the Neptune?

• Like 1

You remembered correctly about the Zenith.

I am sure my spare is that size but will fit anyway . I have 5 Zenith wheels and that size also fits.225 18 so boot carpet sticks up a bit

I am back burrrrrr horrid night

Right the spare is still in there woohoo the wooden cover that sits on top covering spare wheel is perfectly flat and sits just above it in my case, I do have a mark on it from the rubber of the tyre when its been pressed against it I assume from having loaded the car up to the roof a few times. Never the less my Neptune sits nicely in there snug and secure boot floor sits flat too. People with Pre FL VRS's might see in the pics compared to their own if something has changed it does sit on a little shelf on each side the cover maybe this is different. Is the actual 18" Zenith rim slightly wider or something? In pis below you can see under side of the wooden cover has foam bits on it to rest in the first step down on the metal floor is this new to the FL?

Note it sits perfectly flush if not slightly lower than the rest of floor at sides in bottom half of pic directly above where wheel is beneath.

Neptune%2520Well%25203.jpg

Neptune%2520Well%25202.jpg

My genius idea to set some sort of scale to the gap was to use my trusty boot umbrella handle is sitting on shelf cover sits on, on each side pointed end sitting on it shows that even though the middle is thicker its not floating above so is working well.

Neptune%2520Well.jpg

I wonder if different brands/profiles of tyre could make a difference?

I doubt it tyre on spare is as it should be 225/40/18 and has the same as is on the tyres that came on car from factory those kerb bits that stick out on face side of alloy. But well itself could even be slightly different you never know. I know nothing of the spec of a Zenith 18" could that alloy be slightly wider but still takes the same 225 tyre?

The mark on underside of the spare wheel cover/boot floor thing I mentioned seems to be normal as per this elegance with a smaller spare in this vid

That's strange mine lifts the carpet slightly with the 18" in the boot 225/18 Goodyear assy's. 60 plate vrs estate

Maybe that's all the confusion is mines and 11 plate hatch maybe its just the estates?

Maybe that's all the confusion is mines and 11 plate hatch maybe its just the estates?

Maybe definitely lifts it slightly in the estate not enough to worry me I'd still rather have a spare wheel and a little carpet lift, normally it would be a 205/55/16 winter wheel however they're on the car now