vRS lost boost - how do I get to the bottom hose?

Podie

Evening all...

The missus vRS has lost all boost... hoping it's the pipe that's popped, rather than the turbo.

Top hose looks fine - so where does the bottom hose connect? I can see the intercooler, but not where the pipe goes... or how to get to it?

Help! (or do I just get it recovered?)

Thanks.

Remove under tray if it has one?

Then it'll be behind the bumper in front of the drivers wheel arch.

Should be accessible from underneath with a jack mate :)

If you still can't find it, follow the ally boost pipe running alongside the drivers side of the sump, coming off that is the silicone pipe that connects to the turbo, it's a bit of s bitch but more room than the top pipe intercooler connection.

You will definitely be able to get to it if you remove the drivers side front wheel and the wheel arch...

...You might also be able to get to it from underneath if you remove the undertray.

Either way, it will require jacking up.

I've limped it the 4 miles home.

Engine management light came on too :(

Is booked in at Unit18 on Thursday. Will call Alistair in the morning and take his advice on whether to limp it to him, or to get it recovered to him.

Thanks for the help guys. As an infrequent poster, the assistance from this place never ceases to amaze me.

To get to it easily, remove half the arch liner (at the front end of it) and the first few torx bolts from the undertray. You don't need to remove the whole thing, the plastic has enough flex that you can pull a bit of it out from the bumper. Then you'll have enough access to the pipe, if you've got small hands.

No need to jack the car up.

It's not the ideal method, I'd only use it if it's cold dark or wet and you just want to get going quickly.

Just to wrap this up, it was the bottom part of the boost hose that had come off.

Went on the side of caution and had the car recovered to Unit 18, and Ali has worked some magic quickly and the vRS is back :)

Once again, thanks for the replies - very much appreciated! :)

• Like 1

Very useful thread guys, cheers :)

Found during mot & service my turbo and erg hose connectors are goosed so have sourced the parts and will try and fix myself.

Never tired this before ..... do I need any particular tools to change the pipes over?

Just a flat blade to prise the clips out to remove the pipes :)

I did read before somebody suggested when refitting your new pipes place the clip in first then push in the pipe until you hear it click so you know it's home.

May be worth a try? As its a little awkward squeezing the pipes together tight and trying to push in a fiddly clip