Turn off daytime driving lights?

Do you have Maxidot?

If so then it can be done using the on-board computer (OBC).

If you don't then there is a procedure using the indicator stalk. This procedure is detailed in the owners manual.

In case you no longer have the owners manual it can be downloaded here:

https://mediaportal....CFD91588B4A0B85

Deactivating the function daylight driving lights

– Pull the turn signal light lever towards the steering wheel up to 3 seconds after

switching on the ignition and at the same time, slide it to the bottom and hold

it in this position for at least 3 seconds.

Activating the function daylight driving lights

– Pull the turn signal light lever towards the steering wheel up to 3 seconds after

switching on the ignition and at the same

Edited by silver1011

Great safety feature or not, Kn0b heads still pull out on you even with DRL's and headlights.

Glasses now theres a great safety feature

I think the best safety feature would be regular re-tests and improved driver training for all. Unfortunately that would mean significant investment by the government so is unlikely to ever happen.

Great safety feature or not, Kn0b heads still pull out on you even with DRL's and headlights.

Glasses now there's a great safety feature

They are just risk mitigation. Anything that may potentially prevent an accident is a good thing.

Check it won't invalidate ur insurance all new cars will hav to hav dlr's. Mine don't bother me as I never see them anyway!

That's not correct, all cars receiving type approval since a date this year require DRL's. Since the Octy 2 was type approved in 2004 it does not require DRL's. The Octy MK3 will require DRL's however.

Given the choice I would also turn them off, in several EU countries accident rates have increased since their introduction and one non EU country has banned the use of DRL's as a result.

Given the choice I would also turn them off, in several EU countries accident rates have increased since their introduction and one non EU country has banned the use of DRL's as a result.

Really ? - Which countries? Many European countries it has been law for motorbikes to have headlights on all the time for decades and this was proven to significantly reduce accidents.

At this time of year, especially with the low sun & dirty windscreens I think you would be foolhardy to turn them off. I don't have them, so I run headlights all the time - I would rather be seen!

This is relevant:

Edited by zacherynuk

It is worth noting that whereas the DRL's can be switched off on the Mk2 Octavia due to the vehicle having type-approval well before the cut-off date, you won't be able to on the Mk3.

As DRL's will be a requirement on the Octavia 3 then you certainly won't be able to switch them off yourself. VCDS may or may not have the facility to do so, but to conform directly to the EU rule on DRL's thwy should not be able to be disabled.